K-Horn knock off 6500.00

RagingBullWinkle

Guest Steven1963

Something about a knockoff of such a fine speaker leaves a bad taste in my mouth. And why buy the knockoff when you can have the original for about 1/3 the price?

• Like 1

Those "knock-offs" have a direct link to PWK as they were made with his permission.  The guy that designed them was a good friend of PWK.  The owner actually has some genuine Khorns as well (sold some Walnut Belles a few months ago).  I think because of the rarity and the documented history of this particular pair of speakers is why he's asking so much for them.  Too rich for my blood, but they are beautiful! 

Those "knock-offs" have a direct link to PWK as they were made with his permission.  The guy that designed them was a good friend of PWK.  The owner actually has some genuine Khorns as well (sold some Walnut Belles a few months ago).  I think because of the rarity and the documented history of this particular pair of speakers is why he's asking so much for them.  Too rich for my blood, but they are beautiful! 

Here is a link to a thread that has some good information regarding the Shinall speakers.

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/40203-klipsch-knockoffs-shinallhave-you-seen-these/page-1

shinall_1.jpg

shinall_2.jpg

• Like 1

We've been down this road before. I like the designs that differ at least some from the factory Klipsch models, but for a company to copy cat another mans exact line up and designs which he spent the majority of his life researching and improving upon is lame IMO. 

Not much to actually design when you are copying straight across the board.

• Like 1

Those "knock-offs" have a direct link to PWK as they were made with his permission. The guy that designed them was a good friend of PWK. The owner actually has some genuine Khorns as well (sold some Walnut Belles a few months ago). I think because of the rarity and the documented history of this particular pair of speakers is why he's asking so much for them. Too rich for my blood, but they are beautiful!

Here is a link to a thread that has some good information regarding the Shinall speakers.

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/40203-klipsch-knockoffs-shinallhave-you-seen-these/page-1

shinall_1.jpg

shinall_2.jpg

Belle looks better with some meat on her bones anyway.

There was a thread about a pair for sale in 2013 for $2000 on AudioKarma.com

Youthman also listed a link in 2013 for some for $2500... https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/143853-shinall-kks-1-corner-horns-better-than-khorns-2500/

Edited by ellisr63
  • Like 1

Those "knock-offs" have a direct link to PWK as they were made with his permission. The guy that designed them was a good friend of PWK. The owner actually has some genuine Khorns as well (sold some Walnut Belles a few months ago). I think because of the rarity and the documented history of this particular pair of speakers is why he's asking so much for them. Too rich for my blood, but they are beautiful!

shinall_1.jpg

shinall_2.jpg

Belle looks better with some meat on her bones anyway.

I'm more into the taller, more slender look.  Perhaps even drop them down to 118 pounds. :ph34r: