Get low

Kelly McAloney

I want the best sub I can get, for 2000 dollars, I was going to get a new reciever but mine is doing good since I was informed on how to set it up(thanks for that) but I lovvvve bass and after reading another post realized that my hole upstairs Is900 square feet ( open concept) and that is why my sw-112 isn't doing the job it's suppose to, thoughts

Is there anything wrong with svs pc-13 ultra, I know nothing about subs but this would fit perfectly. Behind couch

Absolutely nothing wrong with the PC-13 Ultra.  It's an incredible subwoofer that is very versatile also. 

If that is what you want, you will not regret buying it.

Bill

That's easy. Rythmik FV15HP.

If going duals (highly recommended) I would get:

Reaction audio PV-15x Qty-2

Or

HSU VTF-15H MK2 Qty-2

All three options I listed will out perform the beastly SVS PC-13 Ultra.

Edited by K5SS

These are some subs that have not been mention:

1.) The Rythmik Fv15, vented and would work great in that  larger room.  I think around $1800

2.) Chane VBE 18 in woofer capable of tremendous output:  This is large but I got use to them.  Cost around $900 and

you could get two for the best room performance with two sub. http://www.chanemusiccinema.com/VBE-118

3.) Reaction Audio PV X1000 15 in. vented sub for around $999: These subs had a very

good review at AVS and database.com

A 900 sq ft. room with 8 ft. ceiling is around 7200 cu. ft.  That is a very large room and should have vented subwoofers.  I have a 53-5600 cu ft. room with 4 sub.  It will be difficult for under 15 Hz performance.  Also consider some bass shakers to makeup for the large room.  The SVS Ultra and Rythmik are recommended for large rooms, 3-4000 cu ft for example.  Be creative and find room for at least two subs and you will be happy.  One sub will not cut it for that size room.

Edited by derrickdj1

Yeah I say that chane sub times two would be your best bet. ORRRRR find someone close to you to build you a horn sub. Trust me when I say their are guys out there who love building subwoofers and will do t for next to nothing. I have a guy local that charges very little and builds anything you want. He loves it! A nice horn sub would prolly fill your room and cost you the least amount for sure. You could go big and have a gjallerhorn built and be set for good and be under budget.

Ask around here or Avs to see if anyone local could build for you?

How does the pb13 ultra compare against velodyne hgs18?

That would be a tough question to answer.

The HGS18 was the sub of all subs from 1999 to maybe 2003ish.  It is still considered one of the finest consumer subs ever produced.

http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_8_4/subwoofers-12-2001.html

With that said, SVS has done wonders with their Ultra 13 inch drivers that no other mfr.(except JL Audio) has been able to accomplish commercially.  The PB13 Ultra is among the finest sub $2000.00 subwoofers available for the consumer that is equally adept with music and home theater impact.

Bill

Edited by willland

How does the pb13 ultra compare against velodyne hgs18?

That would be a tough question to answer.

The HGS18 was the sub of all subs from 1999 to maybe 2003ish.  It is still considered one of the finest consumer subs ever produced.

http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_8_4/subwoofers-12-2001.html

With that said, SVS has done wonders with their Ultra 13 inch drivers that no other mfr.(except JL Audio) has been able to accomplish commercially.  The PB13 Ultra is among the finest sub $2000.00 subwoofers available for the consumer that is equally adept with music and home theater impact.

Bill

Few years ago, when I was just starting into audio, I had a chance to pick up a HGS18 for a hundy and passed due to living in a townhouse.

I should have known better and should have bought it even if I had to store it. :(

Later on I found that it's called King of the subs that does 10hz easily.

Edited by Mystery