Get low

Kelly McAloney

I'm in states every week and I have an address I can us in Bangor but it's a bit sketchy, I don't know the cost at bb but I like to get it at the Amazon price if I can figure it out, and I want to do it without having to pay the duty so the cheaper the better, I can probly get it across duty free at that price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in states every week and I have an address I can us in Bangor but it's a bit sketchy, I don't know the cost at bb but I like to get it at the Amazon price if I can figure it out, and I want to do it without having to pay the duty so the cheaper the better, I can probly get it across duty free at that price

Have Amazon ship to a Fed Ex location in Bangor and pick it up there.

Bill

• Like 1

Have Amazon ship to a Fed Ex location in Bangor and pick it up there.

Bill

ill have to look in to it the only thing is I end up with no receipt

Well, I am touch ahead of my self on this one, and I truly hope I'm not wasting everyone's time on this, I need to get an estimate on the fence before I even know what I am dealing with for money, if any, lol, but again very thankful for all the help, I have it all figured out, just not the money part yet, it's been a very expensive year

You're one of the few people on this planet that I know of who knows what a nice pro audio 18 sounds like. For music they're pretty killer, I like the punch and detail that they have on drums and bass guitar.

For as clean as horn subs play, there's nothing like a DR to punch you in the chest.

Im glad you said this...although some of that punch is actually distortion. From what has been told/shown to me when a woofer cone moves distortion is produced/present? But that is when the punch is best? This is some startling info although after understood its true. I love me some distortion apparently yet again the cones on my 18's move very little. Now everybody can spit at me and tell me im even more nuts than before ha

A friend of mine had 8 pa bass bins(basically small home made mwm's with 18's) for pa...hooked up in a 800 sqft basement they had punch...still compared to 6 dr 18"s the dr's were what I craved and more people are use to. He had at 10 of these bass bins and sold 2 then gave away maybe 6 of them and still has maybe 2 left over. Direct subs are what most common people like or are drawn to because its what were normally accustomed to. Horn subs are so refined and efficient its almost like they are not playing...cause they are simply producing the bass at volume to what I would describe as perfection. DR sub distortion is addicting

Think of this, sw-115

Amazon in Canada/1349.00+178.00 shipping

Amazon in US/548+free shipping

WTF

How do they figure that out, crazy

that's insane

fries just had these on sale for $449 each. fries in Indianapolis had 2

Horn subs are so refined and efficient its almost like they are not playing...cause they are simply producing the bass at volume to what I would describe as perfection.

TRVTH

A sub that is actually heard as a sub is not accurate.  That's what I like so much about Carl's IB setup.  Totally transparent.  You can look right at them and not hear them.  It's a good thing they are mostly in the C0 area and non-directional as a channel coming from overhead and to the right of the system would be, well, disconcerting.

Dave

• Like 1

Im glad you said this...although some of that punch is actually distortion

The punch is actually the sound waves hitting you at the frequency your chest resonates at. Distortion has nothing to do with it.

The punch that you feel in your chest with kick drums is about 60 hz or a little higher. Concert sound guys boost this frequency to turn up the excitement. Problem is, stiff, heavy, and inefficient subs just cant pull it off all that well, it will often sound mushy and sloppy at high volumes. Efficient pro audio subs made out of paper do it really well. Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

You're one of the few people on this planet that I know of who knows what a nice pro audio 18 sounds like. For music they're pretty killer, I like the punch and detail that they have on drums and bass guitar.

For as clean as horn subs play, there's nothing like a DR to punch you in the chest.

I disagree, much depends on the horn.

Pro sound horns will cave in your chest easily when asked.

I know what harmonic distortion is.  How do they play a roll in the chest thump sensation.  If your chest cavity resonated at 60-70 Hz, what difference do the 120-140 Hz distortion frequencies make in that sensation?

Who says it's 60-70 Hz?  That's a wavelength of order 5 m...  It has to be much higher than that if we are talking resonance...