acoustically transparent screens

Paducah Home Theater

And what do you care if I did call them. Its not like they would know it was you.

Because I respect people's privacy, that's why. One guy's phone would ring at his house. One guy's would be his cell phone. No they didn't give me permission to give that out and I see no good reason to ask with nothing good coming from it. If I were giving them business that would be one thing, knowingly handing out their phone so some random forum guy could call them up under false pretenses just to have a debate is a little different.

I named the store, let me know how the conversation goes.

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

It's called calling a bluff :)

You know, I started this thread simply wanting to be sold on an AT screen because I can't seem to find one to demo or talk to someone who actually deals in them who is truly on board with them anywhere near this area, yet am still interested, solely due to forum posts from guys like you and scrappy, even though some industry insiders said otherwise. Yeah, I still wanted to believe you over them but had to be sure.

Some of these nice ones are too big of an investment just to experiment with and I need to make sure that it won't end up as a failed experiment, as I have bigger fish to fry. Due to this conversation I feel that EluneVision AT screens is a very safe bet while minimizing all of the traditional concerns and not having to build the frame myself, so I thank everyone who was involved in pointing me in their direction, some more than others.

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters
  • Like 2

You know, I started this thread simply wanting to be sold on an AT screen because I can't seem to find one to demo or talk to someone who actually deals in them who is truly on board with them anywhere near this area, yet am still interested, solely due to forum posts from guys like you and scrappy, even though some industry insiders said otherwise. Yeah, I still wanted to believe you over them but had to be sure.

Some of these nice ones are too big of an investment just to experiment with and I need to make sure that it won't end up as a failed experiment, as I have bigger fish to fry. Due to this conversation I feel that EluneVision AT screens is a very safe bet while minimizing all of the traditional concerns and not having to build the frame myself, so I thank everyone who was involved in pointing me in their direction, some more than others.

You do know that Jamestown, and Seymour AV do sell complete screens, correct... All you have to do is assemble them when you receive them.  :-)

• Like 1

• Moderators
You do know that Jamestown, and Seymour AV do sell complete screens, correct.

I had forgotten about Jamestown.  Heard good things about them.

I just took a look at Seymour's Facebook page and found these comments

Your screen material is top notch. There is absolutely no sound difference (audibly) . Excellent picture quality as well and mine is 10ft wide.

Here is a link they provided for the AVS HT of the Month http://www.avsforum.com/forum/92-community-news-polls/1629961-ht-month-humble-hangout.html in which they suggest " More AVS Home Theaters of the Month use the acoustically transparent Center Stage XD projection screen than all other screens combined. Rated "Best in Class," it offers mastering-studio performance for a song."

• Like 1

You do know that Jamestown, and Seymour AV do sell complete screens, correct.

I had forgotten about Jamestown.  Heard good things about them.

I just took a look at Seymour's Facebook page and found these comments

Your screen material is top notch. There is absolutely no sound difference (audibly) . Excellent picture quality as well and mine is 10ft wide.

Here is a link they provided for the AVS HT of the Month http://www.avsforum.com/forum/92-community-news-polls/1629961-ht-month-humble-hangout.html in which they suggest " More AVS Home Theaters of the Month use the acoustically transparent Center Stage XD projection screen than all other screens combined. Rated "Best in Class," it offers mastering-studio performance for a song."

My old screen was a Jamestown and it was great... The problem with them is it takes forever to get your screen. We were supposed to get ours in 2 weeks and i think it took 4 months to get it. This is not an isolated case either. If you check the forums you will see that a lot of people complain about how long it takes.

Wow, didn't know that about Jamestown.  Seymour was pretty quick.  Took about 3 weeks I believe.

I was very happy with the delivery time with SeymourAv... It would have been even faster if they had not been out of stock when we ordered or if I would have went a little smaller on the screen, as they had to use a special table to cut mine.

metro do you really think anyone on here is gonna call and argue with any of them guys? we could care less what some guy told you. just like i could care less if you spend thousands on a fancy name brand screen cause i have seen a bunch of fancy screens and i think my elite 4k is every bit as good for one fifth the price. I'm glad there is people that buy those other wise companies like them wouldn't exist. and if high end companies didn't exist then smaller companies would not try so hard to make a better product for less. and those are the ones i snag. 

i used to brag about my friends about how much money i had into my stuff. now I'm quite the opposite and brag about how little i have into it for what i have. and i have yet to be in a theater now that i think is any better than mine. 

Edited by Scrappydue
  • Like 2