Help setting new system up

EKBI

It's unbeliveable! [emoji15]

Yes i have a 6 speed shifterkart. But only as a hobby. I do 6 races a year, so it's just for fun. Pretty expencive [emoji58]

Martin Pedersen

Denmark

6 speed shifter, is it powered by a dirt bike engine? Like a Honda 125, 250? The 250 shifter karts are beast. A good friend owns the largest kart dealership in the world, Comet Kart Sales. He also has a racetrack, Newcastle Motorsports Park. I've never raced a shifter, only a TAG, a lot of fun.

Here om Europe we race with either vortex, TM, Modena.

It's a 125cc watercooled 2 stroke engine with 48 HP.

But just as Quick as those i guys use i'm USA.

But it is a LOT of fun!! [emoji12]

Here is a clip from early this year, it was pretty cold and very slippery:

Martin Pedersen

Denmark

Thanks for sharing the video. For anybody who doesn't think those little carts are fast, they regularly show up at autocross races and win the overall. That means they beat out Porshces, STI's, Vettes, and race cars. 

Once you got those tires warmed up, you were flying. That was exciting to watch. It felt like I was driving.  :)

• Like 1

My son had a 2007 WRX (not STI) in high school. It was black and he put the STI wing and gold rims on it. Great little car. 

Here's a shot of me Rallycrossing my 67 Stang. I have decided they aren't exactly built for that.   :)

Was the suspension stock? An upgrade to stock suspension makes a huge difference when the road curves.

Bone stock. I never intended it as a race car. I was just curious, and my replica 550 Spyder, which I was supposed to race, was not ready.

I have thought of making a restomod Elenore out of it, but I like the vintage feel of the 4speed/289 4V. It won't win races, but it is my favorite car.

Now.... I followed your advise on co on my receiver.

At First i tryed this:

Front: full band

Rest: 60hz

Sub: knob on sub: all the way 150 hz

In receiver: 120 hz. Double bass on. Results: a LOT of bass but not so thight.

Then i tryed double bass OFF and xo at 70hz.

That ment i had to turn up the volume on the sub and Got a wierd buzz...

New test: xo 60hz double bass OFF and up a bit up on sub gain. Works great!!

All though... My sub i still making a buzz sound. Cable i okay and High end.

I Can make the buzzing go away by turning hz knob or gain knob down.. Pretty anoying!

Martin Pedersen

Denmark

At First i tryed this:

Great job working through the settings.  For my system double-bass does not work well, the same as yours.

I Can make the buzzing go away by turning hz knob or gain knob down.. Pretty anoying!

That might be a problem:

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-subwoofers-bass-transducers/1370430-my-klipsch-sw-112-sub-rattles-bit-inside.html

I have a Klipsch RW-12d which is a step down from yours, and although mine does not have any problems, the RW-12d had a known problem of rattling.  The solution for it was well known; the port was loose, so some glue fixed it with a minimum of trouble.  If you need more references for the discussion for that, I think I can find them.

The sub issue may deserve a brand new post all by itself in the Subwoofer forum. 

Right off the bat I think of a loose dust cap or a tinsel lead hitting the back of the cone when I hear this complaint. Since this is a new speaker, it could be loose glue on the dust cap, or a tinsel lead that is too close to the driver.

As Dave said it could also be a loose port. Once again, a new post in the Subwoofer forum is a very good idea.

At First i tryed this:

Great job working through the settings. For my system double-bass does not work well, the same as yours.

That might be a problem:

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-subwoofers-bass-transducers/1370430-my-klipsch-sw-112-sub-rattles-bit-inside.html

I have a Klipsch RW-12d which is a step down from yours, and although mine does not have any problems, the RW-12d had a known problem of rattling. The solution for it was well known; the port was loose, so some glue fixed it with a minimum of trouble. If you need more references for the discussion for that, I think I can find them.

That would be great, i made a new tread on sub forum.

Martin Pedersen

Denmark

• Like 1