DJ Shadow on a Chevy commercial?

Quiet_Hollow

Never stopped listening to Endtroducing.....  Still sounds fresh to me.  Was working in a new/used CD store from 1996 to 2000 and got exposed to all kinds of stuff.  I think it was '97 before a regular recommended this and it blew me away.  I love the audio clip from Carpenter's Prince of Darkness peppered throughout the album.

Edited by Rivernuggets

Lol. Thad, are you a god?

It's impossible to discuss DJ Shadow without also mentioning UNKLE.

Indeed.  My relationship in a nutshell. She had Psyence Fiction, I had Entroducing:wub2:

Was working in a new/used CD store from 1996 to 2000 and got exposed to all kinds of stuff. 

Very good times. An amazing amount of trend setting electronica was laid down in that period alone.

Any of you guys recall "Afternoon Nap" ? 

• Moderators
Better yet, how many people on this forum even know who DJ Shadow is, or ever listened to his stuff back when it was actually "fresh"?

Ok, put me on that list I never heard of him, even after watching JL's video.

• Moderators

It's easy to see how genre labeling could be a problem, it can change from song to song with something like this. One song is almost jazz, instrumental and the next hip hop then a club electronic sound.

I can see how I may like some of it but not so much with other songs, much of the electronic club sounds starts out fine but after a little while it gets old, unless your at a great party I guess ?

Another one to check out.  Could you post a link please?

Afternoon Nap was / is a Shoutcast / Live 365 streaming station with a playlist assembled by a guy named DJ Dusty. Lots of great stuff from Future Sound of London to Woob. Been a long time running. I could post an older version of the playlist if you like.  Haven't had a listen in 4-5 years.

I stopped when the broadcast switched to membership only. Come to think , I should finally chip in for it.  :ph34r: I think I certainly I got my mileage out of the station.

Have you picked up Aphex Twin's new release, Syro? 

Not yet!  :D

trinity-matrix-200.jpg

unless your at a great party I guess ?

That music got me through many, brutal all-nighters....of the type not involving drugs.

studying-watercolor1-300x239.jpg

Edited by Quiet_Hollow