RF-25(pair) + RSW10 | local sale in Northern California

manuMatic

Hi there,

Hopefully I'm not violating any rules with my first post being an item for sale, but this being a local sale should assure you that it is not a scam.

Likely to be of interest to someone on this forum

RF-25s: SOLD for $250

RSW-10: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/ele/4766667713.html

Not as likely to be of interest, but not completely off-topic

Onkyo TX-NR808: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/ele/4729211843.html

Not looking to ship any of these, mostly due to my lack of experience in packing such large items combined with how OCD I am about packaging.

If I were to ship them, I'd probably want to wrap each item in a mattress, and then stuff it into a large, fireproof safe.

At that point, it would make more sense (from both a financial and personal productivity standpoint) to list them in the Craigslist free section.

I'd also love to get feedback on prices. I think both items are priced quite reasonably, but I'm pretty sure that isn't going to change the number of lowball offers I'm going to have to laugh at from CL.

Cheers,
~Alan

Edited by manuMatic

Alan,

I also have the RF-25's. I paid $200.00 for the pair and had them shipped from North Carolina for $90.00. I'd actually be interested in them if shipping was possible, and have the original boxes for them. If not,I've seen them on Ebay for around the same price I paid. Hope that helps.

• Moderators

Hi Alan, welcome to the forums.  Beautiful setup you have there.  Nothing wrong with posting the Onkyo here as well.  Lots of guys use them and post them in the garage sale.

As far as pricing, I think they are fair. 

The RSW-10 has recently sold on Ebay for $250 - $300.

RF-25s have recently sold between $100 - $200 on Ebay.

The Onkyo 808 has recently sold between $200 - $300.

You are at the top end of the pricing but nothing wrong with that.  You can always negotiate a lower price if needed.

Best wishes with your sale.

Best wishes with your sale.

• Moderators

That's awesome Jim.  I wasn't sure if you were asking the seller if he had the original boxes or if you were stating that you had them.  I was just trying to clarify for the seller. Should be easy to work out with the seller to ship at least the items you have the boxes for.

No I still have them from purchasing the RF-25's last December.I just finished off my living room with the RF-25's, RC-25, and 2 sets of S-3's in a 9.2 setup. I would like to also do the family room in something like these as I have the ICON KF-28's and the KS-14'S but am not a big fan of them at all. ICON's are not my thing. So I'm looking to do something in maybe in an RF-3(5) or RF-25 scenario and matching centers and surrounds.

Thanks for the warm welcome and the feedback/suggestions.

Jim: I imagine shipping from CA to NJ would probably cost noticeably more than NC to NJ, and it's just not worth the hassle for me.

If they were in perfect condition, and I knew you'd love them without seeing them in person, I might have considered shipping.

I have a gentleman from CL coming to hear them tomorrow.

Cheers,
~Alan

Nice pieces you've got there.

I love RF-25s and am(was :unsure: ) a big Onkyo fan.

GLWS!  :)

What made you change your mind?

I got a pair of RF-7s.  ;)

Heh, I guess I should have been more specific in my question:

what turned you off of Onkyo?

The RF-7's don't play nice with Onkyo...

See this thread https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/153691-disappointed-with-my-rf-7s/