Dough for Joe - Gear for Cheer

opusk2k9

I want to thank you all so much for the support you have shown, as mentioned in the headphone selling rig thread we feel like a weight has been lifted and with what has already been sent through paypal and what was / is being sent through the mail we are able to provide a decent Christmas and pay the rent and heat through the new year and I will be keeping the headphones etc...

The generosity has been overwhelming and I want everyone to know we appreciate the support...................also I want everyone to know I have every intention of paying the kindness forward as soon as we are back on our feet

• Like 2

Joe,

How old are your boys? Santa asked what they are into.

typical boys , they like cars, swords, dart guns, nerf, and music is rubbing off on them also.  I have no idea why. 

wife had pandora on this AM b-4 they got on the bus, Guns-N-Roses came on Welcome to the Jungle, Joey did not want to go out to the bus till it went off its his favorite song of the day, yesterday was Bohemian Rhapsody.  I have started to notice his brother Jacob dancing a bit and following lyrics

Its fun to watch them getting older and getting more into music,  They grew up with a system and anytime I was home and listening they were right there with dad.  Joey as a baby would bounce endlessly on my lap while music played..............A memory I will always cherish is Both of them falling asleep on dads chest while listening to music,  You guys are gonna make me emotional :wacko:  

I got my kids into my music by playing rock band with them on Playstation. I wound up downloading 500 songs from the Playstation site and we have 2 guitars, drums, 3 microphones, and the keyboards. So we usually play as a family (6 of us) and have their friends over and they interchange so we can play a full 7 people. There's a lead singer and 2 backups, lead guitar, bass,drums and keyboards. They have not only learned all those songs, but they all play instruments now. My youngest plays the drums, my 1 daughter plays the flute, the other plays violin and eukelele, and my son the sax. I played trumpet and several other brass instruments when younger but haven't in awhile.I'd like to get together and play with them when we are all better at them. We even do adult night where we play adults only.

• Like 2

The generosity has been overwhelming and I want everyone to know we appreciate the support...................also I want everyone to know I have every intention of paying the kindness forward as soon as we are back on our feet

For me paying the kindness forward is to make good memories with your kids so they remember the good times when they get older and have families of their own. 

• Like 2