Dough for Joe - Gear for Cheer

opusk2k9

One of our Forum members is going through some hard times, details here:

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/153673-selling-my-rig-dont-miss-out/

One of the other forum members, Eth2, suggested we might chip in and help, which I think is a wonderful idea.

I have been very lucky in my buying and am going to sell some of my gear to give back and help out. 

I often take for granted how good I have things (family, health, job, house, etc.) and forget how quickly those things can be taken away.

I have some local updated CL postings and several other things I can part with and help contribute to the cause:

http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/ele/4778244787.html

http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/ele/4778244487.html

If you can, please try to help out, either directly (paypal:  joespunk66@outlook.comor maybe you have some spare gear at home too.

Christmas is coming and Joe has a couple of boys at home.

I am located in Chicago area, is anyone headed to Joe's area (Maryland)?

Edited by opusk2k9
  • Like 5

when you say directly are you saying a paypal account that we can send money ? if so what is it, i'm in

I am not sure how the pulling money out of PayPal works, the last time I checked I think you can only transfer $500/month to a bank account (not sure Joe's time frame). 

I don't know for sure, can someone else chime in?

• Like 1

when you say directly are you saying a paypal account that we can send money ? if so what is it, i'm in

I am not sure how the pulling money out of PayPal works, the last time I checked I think you can only transfer $500/month to a bank account (not sure Joe's time frame). 

I don't know for sure, can someone else chime in?

You figure it out, and let me (us) know.

Ill PM you my email and count me in for a C note. (Paypal invoice.

Joe doesn't have PayPal. I'm buying a copy of his album collection, he told me cashiers check or MO. depending on how your PayPal account is set up you can withdraw x amount of money per day. WIth my debit card, I can take $300/day. Moot point

Mark

Edited by ZEUS121996

Guys I want you all to know how much I appreciate your thoughts,  In my entire life I have never had friends or family that I felt I could count on and so have striven to be self sufficient refusing help from anyone.  It has made me somewhat unbearable at times as I refuse to let go the reins and allow others in.  I am honestly blown away by your thoughts and generosity, However I am also having a hard time accepting.  I dont know when or if I could ever repay the kindness

As I have stated before this is a place of solace for me, I get untold amounts of joy just going through and reading the threads and offering help / opinions when I feel I have something relevant to offer / say

• Like 3

Guys I want you all to know how much I appreciate your thoughts,  In my entire life I have never had friends or family that I felt I could count on and so have striven to be self sufficient refusing help from anyone.  It has made me somewhat unbearable at times as I refuse to let go the reins and allow others in.  I am honestly blown away by your thoughts and generosity, However I am also having a hard time accepting.  I dont know when or if I could ever repay the kindness

As I have stated before this is a place of solace for me, I get untold amounts of joy just going through and reading the threads and offering help / opinions when I feel I have something relevant to offer / say

Joe, we have had dealings in the past, all good.

you have my email addy, paypal invoice me for a c note, i dont expect or want anything back, hell the Cat cost me more than being friendly.

• Like 3

I dont know when or if I could ever repay the kindness

This would not be a loan so repayment is not necessary.  Sometimes you just need to let people help.  I went through a hard time during a hurricane, people like to help, it makes them feel good.  Allow us to feel good.

• Like 3