Dough for Joe - Gear for Cheer

opusk2k9

Hey Joe, I don't even like you & I sent $50 to help out! :) We can't have a member selling off his last rig. It does my heart good to see the folks here on the Klipsch forums help out another member, sort of restores my faith in mankind. I hope your situation turns around quickly.

I reject your reality and substitute my oun,where you do like me.   I cant thank you all enough.  I know a little about being down on mankind as something like this drags out it gets harder and harder to keep a good outlook. This place has restored my faith many times............My wife is also blown away she keeps commenting she cant believe the kindness :D

• Like 1

I don't have much (don't let the HT fool you ;) )  ...but I'm going to pitch in tomorrow! I'm in for helping people.  

Gotta add this - I remember selling my entire HT (in '97) to feed my family and help a friend feed his.  It's taken 15 years to get back (this time I bought everything used). Every bit helps, and you sound like a proud - hard working man Joe!  Hopefully you won't have to go through what I did! Bravo Zulu for hanging tough!!!! 

Edited by prerich
  • Like 3

Guys I want you all to know how much I appreciate your thoughts, In my entire life I have never had friends or family that I felt I could count on and so have striven to be self sufficient refusing help from anyone. It has made me somewhat unbearable at times as I refuse to let go the reins and allow others in. I am honestly blown away by your thoughts and generosity, However I am also having a hard time accepting. I dont know when or if I could ever repay the kindness

As I have stated before this is a place of solace for me, I get untold amounts of joy just going through and reading the threads and offering help / opinions when I feel I have something relevant to offer / say

I understand how hard it is to take charity first hand but trust me in the end you will reflect back on it warmly. You've been around here a longtime and always been helpful. It's been done here for me twice once when my father passed away and during my wife's battle with cancer. I've never had a member say or do anything that made me feel anything but grateful. I suggest we all figure out a way to get you some help since you can obviously use it.

PayPal is the easiest way and everyone can send is as a friend or family which is totally free. As far as I knowbtgere is no limit as to how much you can transfer to your checking account but it does take 3 or 4 days. If PayPal is a no go then folks could just mail you a check, MO or cash.

• Like 3

Joe,

How old are your boys? Santa asked what they are into.

typical boys , they like cars, swords, dart guns, nerf, and music is rubbing off on them also.  I have no idea why. 

wife had pandora on this AM b-4 they got on the bus, Guns-N-Roses came on Welcome to the Jungle, Joey did not want to go out to the bus till it went off its his favorite song of the day, yesterday was Bohemian Rhapsody.  I have started to notice his brother Jacob dancing a bit and following lyrics

Its fun to watch them getting older and getting more into music,  They grew up with a system and anytime I was home and listening they were right there with dad.  Joey as a baby would bounce endlessly on my lap while music played..............A memory I will always cherish is Both of them falling asleep on dads chest while listening to music,  You guys are gonna make me emotional :wacko:  

• Like 3

Joe my kids are 13(triplets) and 10. They are also into music like that.I have taken them to see the B-52's (whom we met before the concert), Bon Jovi, Social Distortion (we were in the front row and got a guitar pick and drum stick from Mike Ness), Linkin Park, 30 Seconds to Mars,and The Brain Setzer Orchestra. Taking them to see Maroon 5 in March. Music has always been a way to connect with them. I also remember mine falling asleep on my chest doing the same.

Santa would like to send a gift card for Toys R Us or any other store they like. Where should he send it?

• Like 2

Joe,

How old are your boys? Santa asked what they are into.

typical boys , they like cars, swords, dart guns, nerf, and music is rubbing off on them also.  I have no idea why. 

wife had pandora on this AM b-4 they got on the bus, Guns-N-Roses came on Welcome to the Jungle, Joey did not want to go out to the bus till it went off its his favorite song of the day, yesterday was Bohemian Rhapsody.  I have started to notice his brother Jacob dancing a bit and following lyrics

Its fun to watch them getting older and getting more into music,  They grew up with a system and anytime I was home and listening they were right there with dad.  Joey as a baby would bounce endlessly on my lap while music played..............A memory I will always cherish is Both of them falling asleep on dads chest while listening to music,  You guys are gonna make me emotional :wacko:  

I raised 3 sons myself. My kids liked the same stuff as yours, and I will add 'dirt piles', 'mud', and 'big boxes'.  When my boys saw any of those things, they dropped everything!

One year we upgraded our kitchen with new cabinets and such. I took the boxes and some duct tape and made them a huge castle with secret rooms and stuff. They never enjoyed anything more they ever had including motorcycles etc.  

I love having boys. I was afraid I would have girls, and I wouldn't even know what to do... 

Edited by mustang guy
  • Like 3

I have one daughter, 12, and she enjoys going on speaker runs with me.  I try to bring along some CDs of stuff I listened to growing up to "educated her."  Her favorite part is going out to eat.  The last speaker run the seller was great and recommended a nice place to eat in town.  Cool that she enjoys spending the time with me.  I couldn't pay the wife to ride along (and most times there wouldn't be room for her on the way back).

Great hobby, you meet lots of nice people, including a ton of people from here.

• Like 2