Crites Ti and mid diaphragms compatible ?

ajoker2c

Just a question for clarification in case I'm missing something in my research.

I have Quartets with Bobs Ti and mid diaphragms and new crossovers as L&R in HT and 2ch (niles switch) . I love the improvments it has made over stock. I'm getting Forte 1's today and was considering swapping out the diaphragms and researching seems to indicate they are the same parts, so would it be a straight exchange. Can someone confirm this for me?

Also, I'm using a rc64 btween the quartets now and don't really mind or notice the difference in continuity in the front stage sound. I'm thinking of testing one quartet as a center channel. Just looking for opinions if it can keep up with the rc64 as a center channel?

Thanks guys!

Same parts on the diaphragms and a Quartet center should blow away the 64, assuming you have good placement for the Quartet.

Thanks for confirming, "blow away' gets me more excited then! I do have the room underneath screen to place on it's side with both horns pretty much directly in front ofmy 2 main listening positions with it slightly angled upwards..

I'll keep the rb81's as surrounds for now and maybe search out a single forte or quartet in future and move the quartets into the back when I do.

That's my thought process anyway

Set up has changed from this pic. Quartets have been moved to beside screen. Rsw-15 is where Left Quartet is in pic. I can move HT amp and pre amp to small shelf on right side giving me good clearance for the Quartet on it's side under screen. There is 51 inch Samsung behind screen for everyday viewing.

Seem plausible or any other ideas that make sense?

Thanks

post-47930-0-50660000-1416592023_thumb.j

I've owned the RC-64 and was not impressed with it at all, in fact I thought the KV-4 sounded much better. The RC-7 is the very best "center" speaker I've heard from Klipsch. These were all used between my Chorus II's. I also at one point had a single Quartet as a center for a short while and thought it sounded the best. It matched very well with the Chorus II's, was plenty loud and extremely clear, not the "muffled" effect from most center speakers. I'll try and find a picture of that setup.

I've owned the RC-64 and was not impressed with it at all,

The RC-7 is the very best "center" speaker I've heard from Klipsch

That's odd as many people who've had and heard them both don't make that big of a distinction between the two.  At times the nod is given to the 64.

Apparently timbre isn't an issue.

Not as big an issue as I thought it would be when I swapped out my RF L&R with my Quartets.

But curious now that I picked up the Fortes yesterday. I'll swap out the RC64 with a Quartet tommorrow, but liking the Fortes so far and can't wait to hear them once I swap diaphrams to Crites Ti's and mids.

I've owned the RC-64 and was not impressed with it at all, The RC-7 is the very best "center" speaker I've heard from Klipsch. These were all used between my Chorus II's. I also at one point had a single Quartet as a center for a short while and thought it sounded the best. It matched very well with the Chorus II's, was plenty loud and extremely clear, not the "muffled" effect from most center speakers. I'll try and find a picture of that setup.

Looking  forward to hearing the timbre match of the Quartet with the Fortes. I was surprised to hear the word 'muffled' when describing the RC64. I'm just hoping the Quartet will keep the same presence in the center that the rc64 has been in my system, or close to it. If so, I can sell the RC64 and use funds for x-overs for the fortes

Thanks for input.