See anything hiding in this ad?

mattSER

Oh so you already got them.

Congrats!

They are nice but I didn't feel nice enough to keep them.

Hopefully, they sound great in your place.

There was a guy selling Bob Crites diaphragms cheap but I missed them.

Hopefully, you got them for these. :)

Edited by Mystery

Seattle area use to be like that too but it seems several other people have caught on. I'll often see a really great deal on a set of speakers only to see the exact same ones re-listed days later at a more typical price. Got to be VERY quick these days..

I've been sitting here listening to them all morning. They really do sound fantastic!

This is the first pair of Heritage(even though these were basically the path leading out of Heritage) I've ever had in my home. I'm really liking how they sound. Quite warm and airy. My ears are very used to the sound of crisp titanium, so these sound a bit slower and softer, but still very detailed. I'm really liking the mid-range horn. I've never had a 3-way design in my house. Sometimes when the vocalist really just belts it out the speakers just beam it with great reverberation all around me. And I think vocal imaging and phantom center are really good because the vocals are horn-loaded and very directional.

Yeah....pretty darn good for $200. The bass is nice and heavy, but sounds a little "papery" or "dry" compared to the fast and crunchy aluminum RF bass.

Trying to decide if I want to keep them. If I do, I'm going to give them a complete Crites overhaul, including woofers. Does he offer Ti midrange?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not fan of the TI diaphrams, prefer to stay original. These are not 'Heritage' speakers in the crossover department, so the parts do not age in a forte II. It would take a considerable upgrade in parts ($$) to get much network upgrade. 

One thing I do with these speakers is to get the waffle grille cover and clamps and install over the rear mounted passive to keep from kids/pet damage (they're just the right height for a cat scratching post). 

Colter's rule of Placement - begin with the loudspeaker distant from the wall behind it by a factor of the sum of the diameter of all ports/passives. That's 15" for the forte II, corner placement really helps in this regard. Some use as small as 10", generally never less. Let 'em breathe!