Academy for Sale

popbumper

Hi all:

Have a very nice, clean, non-distressed Academy in Clear Oak finish for sale. $325 does it, or make me an offer I cant refuse. Have no need for this unit as I am running a full Forte center channel.

I have other pics if you need them, I don't want to downsize these too much. Thank you!

Chris

Richardson, TX

Academy front view.bmp

• Like 1

Chris, nice to see you out of exile and back on the forum.....even if only for 43 seconds.

Given that I don't know but, highly suspect.....  you might also find it useful to describe the crossover that (I'm guessing) is in there.  There are some new faces mixed with old and I don't know that the new faces have a clue about you nor what you did.  Again, I'm presuming since it was yours, that you changed it.  If not, pardon my intrusion & ignorance.

:)

I remember reading about your crossover change that allowed the academy to blend a bit better with larger heritage models. I've been downsampling 5.1 audio with my Oppo to watch movies using my Klipschorns, and have been toying with the idea to throw my old Heresys along the back wall and build a horn-loaded sub. Then arises the center channel choice. My Khorns have false corners attached to the back and are along a wall that is just shy of 10ft long. This equates to not much room for a center channel. From everything I've read, people seem ultimately dissapointed when trying an Academy between Khorns, but if this does in fact have the custom crossover -- I'd love to try it out. Let me know if it's still for sale. Thanks!