FS Pair Klipsch Heresy 1 from Todd Rundgren’s studio at Bearsville

tubesandhorns

These are Heresy 1 speakers which were used at Bearsville Studio as monitors, and I don’t have to remind you of the classic albums which came out of that studio.  I will include a copy of the receipt on Bearsville letterhead from when I bought them.  I was a HUGE Todd fan and had to have them, but am now downsizing…

Some modifications:

• 4 screw holes on the top for hanging from the ceiling at Bearsville
  • Todd had them covered in this funky brown formica, which has the advantage of really making the cabinets non-resonant.  This is my third pair of Heresies, and they are head and shoulders above stock in cabinet rigidity.
  • I replaced the capacitor with films, but left the originals (which were still working) in place in case I ever wanted to return to stock.

They play well and sound great.  A good price on a pair of Heresies with some cool history.  I wanted to give forum members first shot before ebay.

The pair are $500 plus shipping from North Carolina in two boxes.

post-47852-0-01540000-1417310756_thumb.j

post-47852-0-40340000-1417310767_thumb.j

post-47852-0-57300000-1417310778_thumb.j

• Like 1

I have added a picture of a chip in the formica that I forgot about on the side near the bottom back corner... remember these aren't from a living room, they were in a studio.  And as much as we all love Todd, these go way beyond his recordings.  These speakers have seen music history being made, check out the link and read some of the bands…

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bearsville_Studios

Thanks for looking.

post-47852-0-63640000-1417372953_thumb.j

I think I read about that chip. It happened when Pete Townsend smashed his guitar after the first version of Tommy was finished. On the back swing he hit the speaker. Jager was there and became furious and a fight broke out between the Stones and the Who. After the fight, Todd brought fifteen supermodels for a intimate little party. When Jagers wife found out, she threatened to divorce him so he bought her these very Heresys. Thereafter, she got some Khorns and Todd bought them back.

Honest!

• Like 2

I think I read about that chip. It happened when Pete Townsend smashed his guitar after the first version of Tommy was finished. On the back swing he hit the speaker. Jager was there and became furious and a fight broke out between the Stones and the Who. After the fight, Todd brought fifteen supermodels for a intimate little party. When Jagers wife found out, she threatened to divorce him so he bought her these very Heresys. Thereafter, she got some Khorns and Todd bought them back.

Honest!

10 year difference form when Tommy was released ( 1969 ) to the date of the speakers ( T = 1979 ) great story and i 'd but that on blu-ray

Honest!

10 year difference form when Tommy was released ( 1969 ) to the date of the speakers ( T = 1979 ) great story and i 'd but that on blu-ray

It was the Tommy rerecording. This was never released since the tape was damaged during the fight and the Who lost interest in another session to make yet another take.

Geez, do I have to tell you guys everything? Look it up!