dks5276

so if i want to run 2 subs is it necessary to have a 7.2 receiver? or will i be fine with the 805

7.1 is fine for 2 subs. Just get a RCA "Y" splitter

looking to get 2 rw12's.....yes? or go with 10's?

No......great value but go bigger and better! Look at SVS, PSA, HSU, just to name a few...or DIY

i have a chance to get 2 klipsch thx ultra subs and the amp for 2k....just hate dishing out that much right now bu hate to lose out on a deal

while the thx subs are good i think there are better subs out there for sure. and its really not that great of a deal anyways. i sold my pair a while back for 1500 and they took a while to sell at that price. 

you asked about the bic pl-200. I've owned those as well and you can get them for crazy cheap. I've seen people getting them new for 220 a piece when bought a couple at a time. NOW, they are a lot of sub for that amount of money, HOWEVER, they are still a budget sub. so they don't go crazy low, and they are not gonna be the cleanest sounding sub ever. but for the money i don't think they can be beat. 

so if your budget is low, then have at em. you may love them and never want more. i have a buddy who bought my first rf-63 setup and he has a pair of them and just loves them. 

also look into outlaw audio subs. they are on clearance right now for black friday. think the ex at 599 might be one of the better deals right now. or get a pair of the 449 one. sorry not real familiar with their model numbers like i am with other companies. 

Off the top of my head if it is less than 15 in. sub, that should be your next upgrade.  The 83's have triple 8's and need a sub that can keep up.  The 83's are capable of some tremendous output and hit pretty low.  In the meantime run the 83's full range with the sub and see how you like it.  This next year, I may be in the market for some more wooferage, lol.

I beg to differ...are you saying the 13.5" SVS PC 13 you would need to upgrade because it's not 15"?  Just curious

so if i want to run 2 subs is it necessary to have a 7.2 receiver? or will i be fine with the 805

No......great value but go bigger and better! Look at SVS, PSA, HSU, just to name a few...or DIY

i have a chance to get 2 klipsch thx ultra subs and the amp for 2k....just hate dishing out that much right now bu hate to lose out on a deal

while the thx subs are good i think there are better subs out there for sure. and its really not that great of a deal anyways. i sold my pair a while back for 1500 and they took a while to sell at that price. 

you asked about the bic pl-200. I've owned those as well and you can get them for crazy cheap. I've seen people getting them new for 220 a piece when bought a couple at a time. NOW, they are a lot of sub for that amount of money, HOWEVER, they are still a budget sub. so they don't go crazy low, and they are not gonna be the cleanest sounding sub ever. but for the money i don't think they can be beat. 

so if your budget is low, then have at em. you may love them and never want more. i have a buddy who bought my first rf-63 setup and he has a pair of them and just loves them. 

also look into outlaw audio subs. they are on clearance right now for black friday. think the ex at 599 might be one of the better deals right now. or get a pair of the 449 one. sorry not real familiar with their model numbers like i am with other companies. 

you sold your thx subs for 1500 with the amp, these are the thx ultra 2 and i havent seen them for under 1500 each plus the amp for 1000

Off the top of my head if it is less than 15 in. sub, that should be your next upgrade.  The 83's have triple 8's and need a sub that can keep up.  The 83's are capable of some tremendous output and hit pretty low.  In the meantime run the 83's full range with the sub and see how you like it.  This next year, I may be in the market for some more wooferage, lol.

I beg to differ...are you saying the 13.5" SVS PC 13 you would need to upgrade because it's not 15"?  Just curious

That one could be considered a high performance sub for it's size.  Most subs in the 10-12 in. range don't have anywhere near the amp power and driver excursion that your sub has.  Great choice.  I ran my RF 7's with an SVS 25-31, Premier Acoustic PA 150, and Epik Legend and they were fine with music for the most part but lacked in the HT department for what I was looking for.  Two subs gave a better room response and added more headroom. You have to get over $1000 to get the higher excursion drivers and better amps from most retailers and ID companies.  DIY offers the most bang for the buck.

Edited by derrickdj1

I was able to sell all four of my THx ultra subs and both amps for $4200 these deals come around all the time