SB1 subwoofer failure

leesy

Please help...my son bought me a SB1 soundbar/subwoofer for Christams 2012.  It was dead out of the box (from Best Buy).  We exchanged it for a new one in Feb. 2013 ...it worked fine till about a month ago...loud blat/boom coming from subwoofer now and then...doesn't work unless turned up full b;ast...sound bar works fine without it but I want the subwoofer to work also...Best Buy doesn't want anything to do with it cuz I didn't buy extended warranty...Klipsch says One Year Warranty only...no help there...I can't find any one who will try to repair...can't even get an estimate from anyone...What do I do...Please help....My dear son spent a lot of money...wanted to buy me a Bose but couldn't afford it...thought he was doing a good thing buying a Klipsch but this is BAD...

• 1 year later...

Any updates on this topic?  My Icon SB-1 subwoofer just rumbles.  I got it in January 2015 and it's now broken in just 10 months, broke in November 2015.  I've tried to pair bluetooth again, disconnecting power, reboot, restart, off and on, the red light eventually always goes blue and that's when the rumbling starts.  When it's red and not paired, no sound, once it pairs (blue) the rumbling sound starts.  The volume knob on the back can indeed control the volume of the rumble, so I just turn it down all the way now or leave it off.  But I miss that woofer.  What to do?