Your favorite glowing tubes!

tube fanatic

That's a nice looking amp Mike!  The chassis looks fairly small- what are its dimensions?  Also, what kind of opts did you use?  I'm always looking for less costly alternatives to the Hammond 125SE series but have yet to find anything which doesn't compromise the bottom end response too much, or look unattractive (to me) like the Edcors with the blue end bells.

Maynard

That's a nice looking amp Mike!  The chassis looks fairly small- what are its dimensions?  Also, what kind of opts did you use?  I'm always looking for less costly alternatives to the Hammond 125SE series but have yet to find anything which doesn't compromise the bottom end response too much, or look unattractive (to me) like the Edcors with the blue end bells.

Maynard

Gotta love the glow of a Mercury rectifier.

Maynard,

It's a Magnavox 8601 series amplifier pulled from a console. The OPTs are the stock Magnavox units. The chassis is roughly 8" wide, 5" deep, and 1" tall. here is a bit of info regarding the amplifier buried in another amplifier build thread.

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/147066-homebrew-6bq5el84-sep-amplifier-based-on-rh84-circuit/

Yeah, I'm too terribly into the Ford blue color of the Edcor end bells either. And I think they are powder coated...

Edited by mike stehr

I might as well chime in with some photos..............nice to see all the pictures of your tubed gear everyone :wink:

Here is a photo of a set of ORIGINAL 1965 Genalex Gold Lion KT-88's (top row) from my Dynaco MK III monoblocks, and the brand new Gold Lion replica's (matched quad) from New Sensor Co. Russia....IMG_2275.jpg

• Like 1