FS: Quartet's, RF-3's, RS-3's, RB-35's

Rocko81

I clearly have too many pairs of Klipsch and just acquired some more. Time to let a few pairs go.

I think they are priced fairly and I'd like to keep the sales local. I'm on the North Shore area of Boston.

First up the pair of Quartet. This is the first pair I've ever owned. I was totally impressed with these. Close to the Forte IMO.

They are in pretty good shape but not perfect. There are some scuffs on the tops, some Howards may do the trick to freshen up the OO finish. All drivers, badges and grills are in very good condition. $200.

Second I have the pair of RF3. Condition is a bit rough on these. One has broken feet, both grills are in rough shape and some drivers have "dings". They sound pretty darn good as I've been using them pretty much daily. How about $150?

Third a pair of RS3 surrounds. These are in pretty good shape but do have slight lifting of the vinyl. Seems kind of common on these. $100 for these

If you want the package deal of the RF3 & RS3, how about $200 for them all.

Lastly I have a very nice pair of cherry RB-35. Great sound from a bookshelf speaker. Cabs, grills and drivers are all in very good condition. Sound amazing! $150. RB-35 have decided to stay as rear surrounds to my RF-63

Sorry my pics are probably pretty bad and I'll probably mess up when posting them.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions

Thanks!

R

post-25073-0-69400000-1417620711_thumb.j

post-25073-0-26320000-1417620717_thumb.j

post-25073-0-33160000-1417620723_thumb.j

post-25073-0-80240000-1417620731_thumb.j

post-25073-0-02680000-1417620738_thumb.j

Edited by Rocko81

How are those Quartets doing? I had a set of Quartet, forte, forte II, and Chorus II here all at one time, took measurements and listening tests. Quartet was slighter in bass than it's big brothers as one would expect, otherwise it was classic Klipsch sound all the way!  Nice boxes here folks - and take up a teensy footprint, if SWMBO has anything to do with your selection!   GLWS

Quartet was slighter in bass than it's big brothers as one would expect,

On the right recordings the Quartet bass sounds excellent.  As Michael said, as expected it doesn't have the full punch that its bigger siblings do.  My pair of oak quartets came with a matching oak KW-10II sub, great combo to fill in on the lower end..

Good luck with your sale.  I am sure only problem with a sale will be proximity.

How are those Quartets doing? I had a set of Quartet, forte, forte II, and Chorus II here all at one time, took measurements and listening tests. Quartet was slighter in bass than it's big brothers as one would expect, otherwise it was classic Klipsch sound all the way!  Nice boxes here folks - and take up a teensy footprint, if SWMBO has anything to do with your selection!   GLWS

Pretty much right on with my thoughts of the Quartets. I certainly didn't find them lacking for bass in any way,  but compared to the Forte and Chorus there was a slight difference. But it comes in a more Wife friendly package and certainly not as "intrusive" as some may think.

But it comes in a more Wife friendly package and certainly not as "intrusive" as some may think.

Agreed, basically the Quartet is close to the same footprint as a Heresy (just a little wider and about and inch shallower).  

Good wife approval factor.

I would love to have the quartets but I live outside of St. Louis and Boston is a long way away! I would like my fronts to be two quartets L & R and a Hersey II for center, I already have a RSW 12d that works great. And I would use KG.2 for rear.

I don't mind driving a little ways BUT that may be a bit far. :)