WakeJunkie Builds - Living Room Upgrade

WakeJunkie

Just finished another room.  This one was done down in MS over two weekends.

First weekend built the fireplace.  Ceiling alcove and speakers were installed the second weekend. 

RC-52 and RB-61's

50" LG 120Hz Smart TV

laird%20(5).jpg

laird%20(6).jpg

Mantel is one solid piece of Alabama Black Walnut. 

laird%20(2).jpg

laird%20(7).jpg

Before:

laird%20(1).jpg

• Like 1

Wakejunkie, I am being tasked with installing stacked stone on our fire place. If you have a few minutes I would like to discuss the options; veneer vs faux panels.

Even though the faux panels can look ok, they won't make the natural look of real "man made" stone.

Awesome job wavejunkie, looks spectacular.

Wakejunkie, I am being tasked with installing stacked stone on our fire place. If you have a few minutes I would like to discuss the options; veneer vs faux panels.

PM sent

Even though the faux panels can look ok, they won't make the natural look of real "man made" stone.

Awesome job wavejunkie, looks spectacular.

This is actually a natural stone veneer product from local big box store.  Not man made stone, natural stone put into man made panels.  Client picked this out themselves and I found it to go up very quickly and looks great.  I have man made stone in my own HT and you would be hard pressed to tell the difference.  Faux panels that come in sheets typically just don't have the depth to look real.

Looks very nice! I really like the center speaker; very clean looking. How did you get that thing mounted up there without any exposed brackets? That whole cavity acts like a horn.

The RC-52 has two 1/4-20 threaded inserts on the "bottom" for the adjustment feet.  These were used to mount.  There are no external brackets.

Bolts were inserted from inside the attic into the speaker to hold it to the ceiling.  The grill on that model is reversible so it is not upside-down.

Eight Small clear rubber stick on bumpers were added to the bottom (now top) to hold the speaker off the drywall 1/8".  This way the paint can't stick to the speaker if he ever needed to take it down.

The same bumpers were added to the back of the RB-61's to hold them off the wall.