Klipsch CES 2015 website!

Chad

• Administrators

Nice!

Who is that with PWK working on the plexiglass Khorn? (Museum section)

That's a plexiglass artist who was a big fan of the Khorn and gave us the idea to build one with Plexiglass. I'm told it took about 1000 hours to build.

I like the styling of the Jamo speakers. :)

;-)

Chad, in the broadcast schedule with Colleen Murphy, there are mentions of a "Klipschorn Playlist" a "La Scala Playlist", etc.  What does this refer to?  Just curious, thanks.

I believe they will be playlists that are inspired by those speakers.

not even enough Tease to spin me up...

We have to keep most everything held close to our chest until CES :-/

C'mon Sancho, I am teased given what they aren't saying! Everything listed on that site has already been released and given what Jay L has said on other threads I bet they are going to come out with a BANG the beginning of next year. One of things that he said I found curious was something about upfiring speakers that could work with ceiling that aren't flat which is contrary to other speaker companies and Dolby guidelines:

We have done Atmos testing at Klipsch, and the results are quite impressive. I have seen as an option "front height" listed in 2 Onkyo models. I would gather this means you can keep your "PLIIz" height channel speakers where they are. From my experience this would likely be the least desired option as the direct axis information could give away their location. I have not experimented with those locations, so I wouldn't rule it out. I can say both IC, and upfiring options do indeed work.

Well, the question is if Klipsch is going to come out with an upfiring option? That said, I won't be able to use it because of our A-Frame ceiling but it appears several/most other folks could if they chose to go that route.

I also have a vaulted ceiling at home. I have been told that Atmos will work with many types of high ceilings. I think with some tweaking you could "reverse vault" the installation of an upfiring speaker. I will be trying this at home in the future, I have to have an Atmos setup after hearing it for myself. 

Nice!

Who is that with PWK working on the plexiglass Khorn? (Museum section)

That's a plexiglass artist who was a big fan of the Khorn and gave us the idea to build one with Plexiglass. I'm told it took about 1000 hours to build.

I like the styling of the Jamo speakers. :)

;-)

Chad, in the broadcast schedule with Colleen Murphy, there are mentions of a "Klipschorn Playlist" a "La Scala Playlist", etc.  What does this refer to?  Just curious, thanks.

I believe they will be playlists that are inspired by those speakers.

not even enough Tease to spin me up...

We have to keep most everything held close to our chest until CES :-/

I read that the plexiglass Khorn was built so that PWK could have laser measurements taken of the woofer. Best regards Moray James.

Edited by moray james

New for this week: added a few pieces to the Museum page, highlighting some more of what we are bringing to CES to display: http://ces.klipsch.com/museum.html

(much more to come in the weeks leading up to CES)

I really dig that Klipsch is paying so much attention to their rich history A+

Agreed. Never forget who you are, Klipsch!!

perhaps 2015 will be the year they come out with a two way LaScala lll and Cornwall IV and Heresy IV all with a K510. That would be significant. Best regards Moray James.

If all our wishes came true, we're going to end up with 3-way RFs and 2-way Heritages.  :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

I really enjoyed the wireless DOLBY ATMO compatible powered speaker demo... very impressive. The museum displays were excellent and I got a handfull of the "Bullsh$t" buttons. This was the best CES display that Klipsch ever put on!

Awesome!