Guesses on Klipsch's "Biggest Launch in Years" at CES on 01-06-15

Youthman

IMO Klipsch did a wonderful job with the RF-7II and the RC-64II. So, if the new release is as good - or better - I'm a happy camper :)

Still, a CF series II and/or KLF series II, with modern updates (i.e. minus the old style front baffles), and made in Hope, AR would be just peachy!  

Respectfully,

Wishful Thinker

Edited by orrb_05

It would be nice to see some trickle down from the Palladium...

finish would be about all I would want. Palladium can keep everything else. I haven't heard too many good things

Wow Scrap, I've always been curious about that line...(never could afford) but what have you heard?

finish would be about all I would want. Palladium can keep everything else. I haven't heard too many good things

Have you heard them for yourself..?

I've listened to the P39F and was very impressed with the quality of sound reproduction and imaging.

miketn

Time to be a wet blanket.

I almost hate to admit but I'm not terribly concerned about what they're making.

Whatever it is, do I think it's going to make me exchange out my Custom 3's?  Nope.

Whatever it is, do I think it's going to make me exchange out my Pro-Media's?  Nope.

Whatever it is, do I think it's going to make me exchange out my LaScalas?  nope.

Whatever it is, do I thik it's going to make me exchange out my Jubilee's?  nope.

I'm rooting for good things but I'll sleep fine between now & launch date.

Now, if they were coming out with Amy's Earlobes II, could they have my attention?

:rolleyes:

• Like 1

I've listened to the P39F and was very impressed with the quality of sound reproduction and imaging.

miketn

nope. I have not heard them. Only have talked to people on here who have heard them. And all were unimpressed. Sorry but a 20,000 speaker should do nothing but impress you. And sound is all relative. They may have been the best thing you have ever heard. I used to think the rc-64 was the baddest center channel on earth. I was wrong. It's my least favorite Klipsch center because of it's value to performance ratio. Keep in mind I look at EVERYTHING in a value to performance ratio.
  • Like 1

miketn

nope. I have not heard them. Only have talked to people on here who have heard them. And all were unimpressed. Sorry but a 20,000 speaker should do nothing but impress you. And sound is all relative. They may have been the best thing you have ever heard. I used to think the rc-64 was the baddest center channel on earth. I was wrong. It's my least favorite Klipsch center because of it's value to performance ratio. Keep in mind I look at EVERYTHING in a value to performance ratio.
I could agree with that. That is why I have a hard time purchasing anything new, or mass produced for that as well.

• Moderators
I'm rooting for good things but I'll sleep fine between now & launch date.

I'm not an early adopter of anything, whether it be speakers, photography gear, new receivers etc.  I'm in the same camp as far as I will likely not be replacing any of my speakers but I do still get excited when new and improved products are released.  They may produce something that I'll own sometime down the line so of course I'm happy if they release something that is better than what has been previously produced.

I've only heard one set of Palladiums.  You can check out my review and several photos of them in this Palladium / Belle with THX Ultra 2 Subs thread.

• Like 1

Any speaker regardless of cost can sound like crap if not implemented into a system and listening room properly and to think that just because someone pays $20,000 for a loudspeaker should be exempt from these facts is not realistic.

As far as individual preferences and what represents a good value that's for each person to decide for themselves.

What always makes me shake my head is people going around expressing opinions without any first hand experience.

By the way anyone with some P39F that would like to trade for some KPT904 let me know I have 3 of them.... :-)

miketn

• Like 2

• Moderators
What always makes me shake my head is people going around expressing opinions without any first hand experience.

It is always best to go by firsthand experience but even then, what I hear may not be what someone else hears.  I thought the Palladiums were Ok.  The guy had all of the right equipment (Krell amps, High End Yamaha Aventage Receiver).  It sounded good, I just expected to be absolutely blown away and I wasn't.  The one thing in his setup that I was most unimpressed with was the Belle center channel.  Speech was not as crystal clear as my LaScalas are. 

With that said, I did not calibrate his setup, there were no acoustic treatments so there are still a lot of factors that could cause the system to not sound up to it's full potential.

• Like 2

Me too.  And also pushing their experiences/opinions as fact.

I do my best to suggest things based on my experience in my listening environment and not ever suggest or imply that my way is the only way for them also.

By the way anyone with some P39F that would like to trade for some KPT904 let me know I have 3 of them.... :-)

I would trade my entire speaker collection(yes even my beloved RF-63's) for a pair of P-39F's in natural.  Okay, I would have to keep my RB-75's because they are not as easy to come by as Heresy's and Heresy II's. :D

Bill 

Edited by willland
  • Like 1

some kind of Signature PwK model would be cool and the gang!

Schu: a new signature series loudspeaker designed by and signed by a dead man??? Best regards Moray James

They would be quite the special edition.
I would love to see something from the archives, such as a never before seen (by the consumer) designed and signed by the great PWK before he passed, but I'm all for keeping the fine hard working folks in Hope employed, whatever it takes. I would like to see klipsch made in America for a long time. This is just my opinion. Edited by Jeff Penley