Guesses on Klipsch's "Biggest Launch in Years" at CES on 01-06-15

Youthman

I got a flyer in the mail today telling me that Future Shop had the new Klipsch RP280. A friend and I grabbed a couple of CD's and drove the local Future Shop for a look and a listen.

When ya do don't waste no time telling us what you think ;) Considering you recently told me in another thread that Klipsch design/engineers were very competent. I feel like you would know how to make sure the store set up was right, and give those that may not have a chance for a while a little insight.

OH Yeah like that's gonna fly, what moron is responsible for doing this?. If you can't figure this one out don't ask. Best regards Moray James.

Chad it is moronic! (big SNIP!)

Best regards Moray James.

C'mon Moray, you know I like you, but you are too highly developed a wordsmith to NOT know that how you word things makes a difference in conversation.

I think you and I would both agree there is a difference between "if I listened to a standard port and a tractix port, I'm not sure my ears could discern a difference" and "what moron designed this?"

My take is that when the word "you" gets introduced things become personal and not in the good way.  I learn best when people present viable disagreements on a point of view, but I get turned off to the ideas and learn nothing when things get personal.  -Dave

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
This continues until the net result is a driver with so many slightly improved features, that the net performance is improved and improved measurably so.

I think when most of us hear "Biggest Launch in Years", I think we're expecting something new and revolutionary instead of many slightly improved features.

Maybe from Klipsch's perspective this is one of the biggest marketing pushes they've done in years? Or maybe the most products that have launched at the same time?

I seriously looked around for an hour wondering if somehow I missed the big announcement... 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...