R-115SW

EKBI

What about that black Svs sb-13 ultra that was for sale in the garage sale section? I'm betting it would be a lot cleaner especially in the upper frequencies.

That would be a good bet.  The SB13 Ultra plays clean well into triple digit frequencies.

From Audioholics review of the SVS SB13 Ultra.

"Overall the response shape fits within a 6dB total window from 22-360Hz. SVS specs the response as 20-460Hz within a 6dB window. The top end is nice and extended on the SB13-Ultra so it could easily be used up as high as 150-200Hz if needed to blend with small bass-limited speakers."

All though not sure where you cut the Cornwalls at.

With the SB13U's extended frequency, that would be a tough call, but definitely worth a shot.

The SB13 Ultra plays clean well into triple digit frequencies.

What exactly makes a sub NOT play clean up top? Used to I was exposed to subs whose main problem was low extension. These Klipsch can handle surprisingly low stuff but they're sloppier up top. I don't know what the cause of that would be other than cabinet resonances.

just my 2-cents

I run a pair of R-112SW's.  One on each end/side of my couch (listening position).  They sound incredible with 2-channel music. In addition to their awesome, room filling bass, they are invisible!!!  If you did not see them by sight, you would never know they were even there.  Maybe just perfect placement? 

In short   ...I love them   Amazed at how well they blend in with the Scala's

• Like 1

The SB13 Ultra plays clean well into triple digit frequencies.

What exactly makes a sub NOT play clean up top? Used to I was exposed to subs whose main problem was low extension. These Klipsch can handle surprisingly low stuff but they're sloppier up top. I don't know what the cause of that would be other than cabinet resonances.

Depends on the sub.  Most tapped horns get ragged over 80Hz or so.

• 3 weeks later...

I have the R-115SW mated up with four 7ii's and a 64ii

It blends beautifully when crossed at 80hz. It has plenty of slam like a set of 10's would... But still that beastly low rumble of a 15".

I chose it because it matches my 7's and I like the effect at the price point. No it's not the greatest sub, buts it's a damn fine example of making power for cheap.

Amen to that. I have days where I get pissy with people on here. But when I ask an honest question and get told "you can read" it's just a bit ridiculous.

But yes I enjoy this forum much more than any other. The klipsch owners thread on Avs is just crazy. I can barely read it. I have become very close with many guys in here. I've met quite a few in person and would turn not a single one away if knocking on my door. I am always willing to chit chat audio and demo for any audio enthusiasts especially my klipsch brothers

AHA!!!

SO, you DON"T like your klipsch sisters....HMMMMM? LOL!

(yes, I say this in jest)