R-115SW

EKBI

i haven't seen or heard them in person but i personally love the new look of them over the old style black oak or fir or whatever they used on the black RSW-15 subs looks is everything to me when i buy

i thought you were a wood guy? You like the new brushed aluminum looking vinyl over a black ash veneer?
  • Like 1

i thought you were a wood guy? You like the new brushed aluminum looking vinyl over a black ash veneer?

I know this post was not directed to me but, I actually kind of sort of like the look of new Reference subs but a little refinement(and wood veneer) for a "flagship" model would go a long way in my book.

A little more like the Revel Rhythm 2 with a high gloss lacquer clear coat over veneer.

R-115SW_-_Angle_635467164643196000_mediu011013Revel_Rhythm2-600.jpg?itok=wjIoDrf

Bill

Edited by willland

i haven't seen or heard them in person but i personally love the new look of them over the old style black oak or fir or whatever they used on the black RSW-15 subs looks is everything to me when i buy

not a fan of the grain in oak

Edited by Budman

not a fan of the grain in oak
aw the crappy thing about being a prick and then editing your post is I get emailed the original. So yes I CAN READ. Simply thought I'd ask why. But instead I no longer care for what you have to say. Good day

aw the crappy thing about being a prick and then editing your post is I get emailed the original.

Maybe a change of heart from the Budman? 

I am sensing a lot of discord on the forum lately.

In the honor of Boxx, let's just keep the peace and NOT be like any other forum on the internet.

Bill

• Like 5

I am sensing a lot of discord on the forum lately.

In the honor of Boxx, let's just keep the peace and NOT be like any other forum on the internet.

Bill

Not calling out anybody in particular but I started hanging out here because other forums were full of immature younger guys who liked to bicker, and and older guys who acted like immature younger guys who liked to bicker. I'm as guilty as anybody and find myself caught up in it even here, but I would like to think that this place has a better sense of family and maturity. I'm going to give my best effort to do my part in making that the goal at least.

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters
  • Like 1

Amen to that. I have days where I get pissy with people on here. But when I ask an honest question and get told "you can read" it's just a bit ridiculous.

But yes I enjoy this forum much more than any other. The klipsch owners thread on Avs is just crazy. I can barely read it. I have become very close with many guys in here. I've met quite a few in person and would turn not a single one away if knocking on my door. I am always willing to chit chat audio and demo for any audio enthusiasts especially my klipsch brothers

• Like 2

Finally got to see the r-115 last night. I like the plinth hat has been added. It does make it look a little more upscale. While the brushed aluminum is a little nicer in person than in pictures it's still not as nice as wood veneer in my opinion.

After listening for a bit in a large open room in Nebraska furniture mart, I walked away with the impression that it does have quite a bit of output as expected from a ported 15. But as I expected I thought it sounded a little boomy through the whole range. Was watching guardians of the galaxy which has lots of LFE. Wish I could grab a pair and listen at home just to have the knowledge of them in a real listening environment and not in a large store.

They had them priced at 649$ there and at that price it's hard to beat for the money without going diy. And for 95% of people it would be all they would ever need.

I know this post was not directed to me but, I actually kind of sort of like the look of new Reference subs but a little refinement(and wood veneer) for a "flagship" model would go a long way in my book.

A little more like the Revel Rhythm 2 with a high gloss lacquer clear coat over veneer.

R-115SW_-_Angle_635467164643196000_mediu011013Revel_Rhythm2-600.jpg?itok=wjIoDrf

Bill

The Rhythm 2 also costs $10,000. Not quite the same ballpark. Our flagship subwoofer is in fact the P312, or Palladium sub. Even that is nearly 1/3 the cost of the Revel.

While the brushed aluminum is a little nicer in person than in pictures it's still not as nice as wood veneer in my opinion.

They look pretty good by themselves but put them next to RF-7ii's and its a little disappointing. These new Reference Premier should be a nice match since the baffle is the same material. I wish they would come out with a flagship sub that matches the RF-7ii's, like an 18 that weighs 150 pounds wrapped in real wood veneer.

After listening for a bit in a large open room in Nebraska furniture mart, I walked away with the impression that it does have quite a bit of output as expected from a ported 15. But as I expected I thought it sounded a little boomy through the whole range. Was watching guardians of the galaxy which has lots of LFE. Wish I could grab a pair and listen at home just to have the knowledge of them in a real listening environment and not in a large store.

The biggest problem I had with mine is finding the sweet spot in my room.  I have the wireless connection so I put them all over the place and I always felt like I was hearing more concussion from the driver and/or maybe the box resonances than bass, aka. boomy, throughout the entire frequency range.  I tried them up front, both spread and centered, tried the sides, tried all the corners, tried the corners facing backwards, etc.  Once I put them both behind the seats they opened up and started shaking the hell out of everything, probably overriding the boomy sounds.  Strange thing is, my 18's sound pretty bad right there and have the opposite effect.  Once everything is set up right, the heavens align and whatever god of thunder you believe in starts smiling and takes a breather.  It would be hard to reproduce this with one sub in a large showroom.  You probably noticed the same concussive effects that I did.

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

The Rhythm 2 also costs $10,000. Not quite the same ballpark. Our flagship subwoofer is in fact the P312, or Palladium sub. Even that is nearly 1/3 the cost of the Revel.

I know the cost difference but just want the flagship Reference Premium model, whether existing or to be released later, to have a more elegant cabinet with real wood veneer.

The P312 is definitely a beautiful sub.

Bill

• Like 1

I dont know why Klipsch doesn't produce a folded horn subwoofer.. specially if it's a superior design.

Horn subs, direct radiators, seal, band pass all can be excellent subs and all have their own weaknesses.  It depends on what one is looking for I guess.  Beside, you have an excellent system :D .  I always thought Klipsch subs were pretty decent.  I have had one for more than 5 years, lol. :P

Edited by derrickdj1

They had them priced at 649$ there and at that price it's hard to beat for the money without going diy. And for 95% of people it would be all they would ever need.

where did you see them for 650$ scrappy?

per Scrappy's post "Nebraska furniture mart"

I also saw them Open Box on eBay for a few days @ $649 each, but after a quick search those seem to have disappeared. 

where did you see them for 650$ scrappy?

yeah Nebraska Furniture Mart. I looked online but no dice. In store price only I guess. Schu have you tried ASD? He's in Vegas by you. And I bet he does a good price of you pick up?

yeah...I got my 64 from him.

might try again. thinking about it, I am looking at 1300+ for two of these bad boys.

whew getting into Svs money almost there. What about that black Svs sb-13 ultra that was for sale in the garage sale section? I'm betting it would be a lot cleaner especially in the upper frequencies. All though not sure where you cut the Cornwalls at. And maybe your wanting to go duals now?