NEW COMPUTER FINAL

Quistes

well tomorrow im putting the down payment on this baby, its complete!

Mainboard: Abit KT7A: Socket-A, ATA100, KT133A, PC133, AGP4X>

CPU: Tbird K7-1200Mhz CPU (266 Bus) Revision-C Socket-A Heatsink:> TAC-09S Slim Super-Orb with dual Fan for High level CPU (DU462-8)>

RAM: 256MB SDRAM PC 133 (Micron/Infineon)>

Floppy_A: 1.44 MB>

Controller: Default Onboard or No Controller>

HD: IBM 46.0G ATA100 7200RPM 2M cache 75GXP 07N3931> Videocard: ATI Radeon 64M DDR w/VIVO AGP4x oem)>

Monitor: NEC FE950 Flat CRT 19" 1600x1280 .25>

Case: Landmark ATX-202 tower 18" with 300W + 2 case fans> Keyboard: Logitech internet KB Mouse: MS Intellimouse PS2> Soundcard: SoundBlaster Live! value with Digital output>

CD-ROM: Pioneer DVD 16x eide DVD-115GA tray version>

Network: D-Link Pci 10/100>

PowerBar: SurgeArrest Personal 7- / with Tel>

Hub: D-Link DE-805TP 5P 10BT>

Nice, I was tempted to order the 1.2 GHz 266fsb Thunderbird and KT7A-Raid myself just this week. Prices are great right now.

However, I think I'll hold off just a little more. The 1.33 GHz 266fsb chips are due out in a week or two, so I think I'll wait for those. I was going to upgrade to a T-Bird and a DDR memory board but to be honest, the performance of the KT7A is on par with DDR boards now, and even better when tweaked/overclocked. The KT7A is a very fine board, you should be happy with it.

You'll love that hard drive! Very fast and quiet.

Edit: I said the 1.333 GHz 266fsb Thunderbirds are going to be out in a week or two...well, good news! They are now available!! I know someone that picked one up for about $320...I think I'll wait and find a better price...would like to get it for under $300.

------------------

P3-866

Asus CUSL2

256MB Crucial PC133 CAS2

Elsa Gladiac 32MB GeForce 2 GTS

30.0 GB IBM Deskstar 75GXP 7200rpm ATA100

Plextor PlexWriter 8x/4x/32x IDE

Sound Blaster Live! X-Gamer

Klipsch ProMedia v.2-400's

Viking 56k external (no broadband available, dammit)

Microsoft IntelliMouse Optical (the new, 33% faster one)

Microsoft Natural Keyboard Pro (w/2 additional USB ports)

And the superorbs actually are bad because they put too much pressure on the CPU and not only cause the CPU to have a shorter life span, but can sometimes cause the CPU to suddenly stop working.

*zen

------------------

soon-to-have system for oc'ing:

Duron 700 MHz

Alpha PAL6035 with Delta Black label fan

Abit KT7 mobo

Crucial 128MB PC133

some old 5GB 5400RPM drive

Diamond Monster Fusion 16MB Voodoo Banshee

Creative SB Live! 5.1 X-Gamer

Creative 36x CDROM

Sony Spressa 8x/4x/32x Re-Writable

SMC 10/100 NIC

300W PSU

Windows 98SE

haha, well the funny thing is the superorb is the quietest fan you can buy, basically. So if its too loud youd better go with no fan at all.

its rated at around 30 decibels, and the fop38 is rated at 45 decibels,

i know it does'nt cool all that well but it cools a lot better than the generic fan that comes with the cpu, and its the quietest one i can find. soo.. blah

Looks like a pretty good foundation to me Quistes, congrats. As far as waiting for the next T-Bird w/100 more mghrtz forget it. Over a gigahertz youre set till we get to 2Gigahertz + and the obsession for the biggest Johnson starts over again. What would the real difference be ooooeeee photoshop opened 0.002 seconds faster I mean c'mon where does it end, I got a PIII 1000 and the only upgrading I see will be keeping up with the video card madness for the next 2 years. Enjoy your new Box, once our 4.1's arrive we need never update our speakers again anyway.

quote:

Originally posted by Mr. S:

As far as waiting for the next T-Bird w/100 more mghrtz forget it. Over a gigahertz youre set till we get to 2Gigahertz + and the obsession for the biggest Johnson starts over again. What would the real difference be ooooeeee photoshop opened 0.002 seconds faster I mean c'mon where does it end

Well I think I *will* wait, because I'm only at 866 MHz now. I mean I could see not waiting for the 1.333 GHz chip if I already had a 1.2 GHz, but this will be a major upgrade. Then it's time to wait for the price on the GeForce 3 to come down (or the GeForce 3 Ultra to be released)...

quote:

Enjoy your new Box, once our 4.1's arrive we need never update our speakers again anyway.

Heh, yeah right, that's what we all said when we got our v.2-400's also. wink.gif

Well someone in Intel told an online gaming site(I'm not naming because I'm not sure I recall the name) that Intel is releasing the 2000Mhz P4 due this spring or summer.Furhter as for the Geoforce 3 it is coming out very soon possibly next month and will be priced at 500-600$ range some geoforce2 ultra are sold at this price now .The geoforce 3 is a whole different architecture than the geoforce 2 ,and it is a shame that they name it geoforce (it is completly differnt) .

Anyone who wants a geoforce should wait till 3 so that the price drops.

I really advise you with DDRs>

RAm the reason is as follows:

The DDR ram is about double the price and you will get about 64-128 instaed of 256SDRAM but remember that at 64DDR ,you will get better results than 128 and the most important thing is that there will be room for upgrade in the future a 256 DDR is much better than 334 SDRAM I think that the limit for this board and hell when you go all the way you will have your board filled to its capcity with quality DDR Ram!!!!!

quote:

Originally posted by Mr. S:

As far as waiting for the next T-Bird w/100 more mghrtz forget it. Over a gigahertz youre set till we get to 2Gigahertz + and the obsession for the biggest Johnson starts over again. What would the real difference be ooooeeee photoshop opened 0.002 seconds faster

Well, if you compiling would take 120secs, the 1,3 Ghz could do it in 130 secs, a full 10 secs profit wink.gif

I think I'll also wait another week and get the 1.33Ghz C-core... with DDR & a Geforce 3

AMD rules! Cheap'n'fast smile.gif

Cya,

ForMatPrO