Klipsch SC-1 Center between KG 5.5's

twk123

Hey guys I am currently running my KG 5.5's as a phantom center which I am reasonably happy with. That being said, our local ads posting site has a SC-1 for the giveaway price of $40 which is very enticing. Will the SC-1 blend reasonably well with the KG 5.5's? I know the kg 2.2 V or the KV-3 are said to be more ideal but the SC-1 has a Tractrix horn similar to the KG's and goes slightly deeper despite having smaller Woofers. The SC-1 has a aluminum dome tweeter while the KV-3 has polymer like the KGs, will that cause a timber mismatch? 

I'd stick with the KV due to timbre match. I have the SC-20 which is the Synergy,and it pairs well with them, and the ICON series. The KG's would go good with an older KSC Center better than the newer SC or C dut to tweeter build, but neither will be as good as the KV's in my opinion.

• Like 1

I'd stick with the KV due to timbre match. I have the SC-20 which is the Synergy,and it pairs well with them, and the ICON series. The KG's would go good with an older KSC Center better than the newer SC or C dut to tweeter build, but neither will be as good as the KV's in my opinion.

That makes sense. I think i will stick with what I have until the proper center comes up on CL or Ebay. Its like the old saying: The man who buys the proper equipment weeps once when he pays for it. The man who buys cheap equipment weeps twice, once when he realizes its no good, and again when he has to then buy the proper equipment...

Edited by twk123