Cuban Cigars Anyone?

USNRET

I go to a bonfire at a local winery here, every year, the Saturday before Thanksgiving.  The owner has a friend that attends who own a local business.  He has dealings in Canada frequently and has to go there several times a year.  He always brings back Cuban cigars, always brings them to the bon fire and always shares :D

• Like 3

• Moderators
frankly... I am happy with Padron.

Is that you, I would think it is because if I remember you do graphics or something similar, and that's a good looking graphic on the shirt.

I have no idea why that crossed my mind ?

the fresh puerto rican cigars i smoked in old san juan were far superior to any cuban I've had state side. i think the embargo has added an element of mysticism to such things.

I agree, lets break down what makes a Cuban "so great".  Hand rolled, well so is Oliva which their V series can be had for 200-250 a box.  Then there are Cuban tobacco, though its not the same.  But my local shop has hand rolled cigars made with tobacco that is grown from Cuban seed in Nicaraguan grown.  Close enough for me, and legal. 

• Like 1

exactly... Most all good cigars right now were grown from cuban seeds. It can take a decade or more for the plant to mature so in the old days it made sense to try and get Cubans, the plants were not mature or, in the case of nicaragua, there was war and many of the mature fields were destroyed... now it's not that way.

Edited by Schu