Klipsch RF82, how to connect it Right ?

greencheese

Hi,

I brought some RF82 2 year again, and i was wondering if i plug it right . I was looking at the forum, and could't get any anwser.

The way i plug it , is only 1 black wire and 1 red wire directly plugged to my amp. The same thing with the other speaker.

Is there another way to plug it? And will i see any difference if i plug it another ways ???

thx

EX: Like this , i only plug ONE of those 2 set

RF82REARCLOSEw.jpg

Edited by greencheese

Unless you bi-wire or bi-amp you only need the one hook up. Just make sure the jumpers are firmly screwed down so they can play all the speakers in the cabinet. Some will say bi-amping is better, some won't.It will come down to if you can hear the difference or not. If you do bi-amp however, you are using more power from the receiver/amp as the tweeters don't need a lot of power to power them. 10-20 watts max,so each line is focusing more on the woofers. I personally don't hear the difference when bi-amping.

You can Bi-Wire ANYTHING, but it does NOT make a difference. Bi-Amping is another animal altogether though, but I personally don't believe you have enough speaker to make it worth while. Don't take anyones word for the Bi-Wiring though, it is cheap to do. Find out for yourself that it does nothing! As for Bi-Amping, if you are going to drop any real cash, your best bang for your buck in sound will always upgrading your speakers until you have spent a lot of cash... JMHO...

Roger

You can Bi-Wire ANYTHING, but it does NOT make a difference

Really ?  Why ?

Dave,

I think my first answer may have come off as snotty, so I wanted to elaborate for you. If we already have our basic system of a receiver, source such as a turntable or CD player, and our speakers. Does it make sense to you that anything we add to the system cannot improve fidelity from our source components. IE it is already as good as it is ever going to get without changing for better pieces of equipment. A piece of wire cannot make a system have more Fidelity than it already has, it can change the sound, but that is not Fidelity. A perfect example of this would be Bose 901 speaker, their flag ship speaker. Many people like the way the Bose 901s sound, but they come with a pre programmed equalizer to make them sound right, this is not Fidelity... get it?? So, if you have wire of sufficient diameter to carry the power needed at the distance needed and have good clean terminals, that is as close to the source material as it is ever going to get. Adding a second wire is no different than going to a bigger gauge wire, and once you are big enough, going bigger than needed has no effect, is unnecessary, and has no basis in any electrical formula to IMPROVE anything. Now, a lot of very high priced cables color the sound by changing capacitance in the line. THIS IS NOT FIDELITY!, but some people like the effect as it may soften , I say MAY soften the sound. You can NEVER add to the fidelity of your given components, only subtract from that fidelity, and as always, the best bang for your buck in improving fidelity is in upgrading your speakers until prices start to get real high.

Roger 

Edited by twistedcrankcammer

• 6 years later...

I have these same speakers hooked up to a Denon AVRX2600H receiver. I've tried to bi-amp them using the zone2 of the receiver and all it did was overheat the receiver. To the point of thermal shutdown before a single song was finished. 😳 It freaked me out because I though crap these are too much speaker. I WAS listening at reference volume lol (really loud). I went back to a single wire configuration and they sound JUST as good and the receiver doesn't overheat. Now this is just my experience, but I hope it helps you.. 😀👍

Edit....  Well, it seems I do get a little more bass from the towers when bi-amped. Hmm. 🤔  This may have something to do with the setting on the receiver (EQ etc)  I will redo the Auddyssey set single amped and reply.  Either way, my receiver won't handle it heat wise bi-amped. 😔

Edited by MattL
Additional info. Labeled the "edit" as such.