Heresy II Signature Edition

Spocka

• 3 years later...

So my background is in AR (Acoustic Research) stuff...BUT I came across a pair of these Heresy II speakers. They appear to be a matching set and are nice units overall...but take a look at the two photos closely. The tweeters are different!  Does anyone know what the "PURE TITANIUM and the info GT-338 on a little red tab"  is all about on the other tweeter? Possibly a mod from another speaker cabinet...adapted to this cabinet? ...and by the way, appears to be mounted upside down? Also I've never seen woofers like these...almost a plastic like cone material...with a logo of some kind in the middle?  Any help greatly appreciated!!!

map 1 005.jpg

map 1 004.jpg

They definitely aren't Heresy's but it looks like Heresy's that had sex with something else.

The woofers aren't Klipsch. The bottom speaker's tweeter isn't Klipsch.

The bottom squawker looks like the lens in the driver is missing (look at the differences between the very centers of the drivers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

GSM, you are looking at 100 bucks worth of cabinetry with “white van” parts inside, maybe original crossovers, one tweeter and midrange.

A labour of love awaits this attempt by someone else to improve on an engineered benchmark speaker.

...just when you thought you’ve seen it all... lol

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

A 3+ year old thread. I doubt they are still there and it's been over a year since the OP has visited us. 

Yes, the thread is ancient, but newcomer @GSM has chosen to post here recently about some kindling he ran across.  The original H2s are irrelevant.

@Schu are you referring to this old thread, the bastardized speakers or both?