Annoing hum from sub

EKBI

Try to hook the sub up with the high input if it has it. Hook the L/R channels from the receiver into the sub, and then the speakers to the sub to see if it still is there.If the hum is gone afterwards it may be the amp on the sub. If the hum is still there after hooking up through high output,that should confirm it's the ground. I had the same issue with one of my Klipsch Subs and when hooked up through high output the hum went away.As soon as I hooked it up through the cable, it came back. Just my opinion though. I'm not an electrician. That was just my instance.

Edited by Jim

What happens when you remove the input cable from the AVR, (with it still plugged into the sub) does it still hum?

If it still hums, take the input cable off of the sub and then see what happens. Still hums, certainly a sub problem. If there is no hum with just the sub turned on, then the sub isn't the source. If there is a hum with the sub turned on and the input cable plugged into the sub, but not the AVR...cable problem.

After testing all the above, If it hums with the input cable plugged in (to both sub and AVR), sub turned on and AVR turned OFF, something silly in the AVR.

Some ideas to help troubleshoot. Hope that was clear as mud  :unsure: