SOLD: Rega Camber 3.5 Speakers w Stands, One Grill Missing

baco99

Last one today, I promise!

I am also selling a pair of Rega Camber 3.5 speakers with factory stands.  For those who don't know, Rega Canada made these speakers in the late 80's using outsourced parts.  The goal was "neutral sound," whatever that means.  These are from 1987 and feature the Vifa poly dome tweeter, these are not the titanium tweeters used on later models, those had the suffix "Ti" after the name.  These Regas are supposed to sound much smoother and warmer than the "Ti" version.  The woofers are of Rega's own design made from components from other manufacturers, they did not use an OEM builder for woofers.  Each woofer was designed for/with the enclosure. The enclosures were made in partnership with Camber.  Later Camber bought the Rega speaker line and dropped the Rega name.  Camber was later bought by the stand company Plateau.  It's a Canadian thang.

The sound is very smooth.  The 8" woofer does a great job with the low end.  And the wide, front mounted port makes room placement a little simpler than the Pro22, with little wind noise.  (Are you noticing a trend with me and 8" ported 2-ways....?)

These speakers have a couple issues:
1) There are some very light scratches in the dark oak veneer, they aren't deal killers, but they are there.
2) I am missing one of the grills.  I have no idea where it went.  (usually speakers are stored with the grills ON, ya know!?).  The grill I do have is in great shape.  

Because of these issues, $150 takes these speakers home.  Oh, and they include the factory Rega stands.  (I think retail on these was in the $800 range in the late 80s, without the stands.)  Is shipping an option?  I dunno.  Local to Boston preferred.

15759615479_a7e556bb44_b.jpg

15759619259_e552b3ebe0_b.jpg

15759918257_87d840422c_b.jpg
Edited by baco99