Rebuild of kp250's

ozarkal

I have 4 of the KP250's and I have been reading up on these but I need some clarification.  I know that the tweeters should be the k79k but if I am purchasing all new tweeters and lens's will they all fit, or rather is there only 1 size lens that would come on a k79?  I was planning on looking on ebay for these.  I also need a diaphragm for one of the mid ranges.  I have read that these came with titanium diaphrams but I wasn't sure about that. The last question for now is the ports where removed to put in dual tweets.  What length ports are these and where can I source them or should I just build them. thanks for any help in advance, and forgive me since I'm new to this. 

• Like 1

you only have to purchase the tweeter diaphragms not the entire assembly, I may be wrong but I think they are the same titanium tweeters used in the Heresy 3 and Bob Crites or Simply Speakers will be able to sell you new diaphragms which will drop right in easy to do. Give either a call and check to be sure. Check with Klipsch service about info on the port length and ID. I am sure they can help you out if not one of the members here who owns these will check for you. Best regards Moray James.