Please help: KL RF7II or KL 650?

khactuyen

The only thing is they need power to deliver movie theater like sound and believe me they do only klipsch speaker I have never wanted to sell. if I had to it would be pro cinema other wise they are my favorite over the refernce and heritage for movies like sound.

Edited by MichaelandKlipsch
  • Like 1

The only thing is they need power to deliver movie theater like sound and believe me they do only klipsch speaker I have never wanted to sell. if I had to it would be pro cinema other wise they are my favorite over the refernce and heritage for movies like sound.

How much power would be minimum to drive the KL650's adequately?

B&K 200.7 (200wpc, 7 chanel) can drive these speakers? thanks.

B&K 200.7 (200wpc, 7 chanel) can drive these speakers? thanks.

Easy task for the 200.7.

Bill

• Like 1

Thanks all. KL 650 is as good as BW HTM1 in voice?

I doubt many have heard that speaker. That is a seriously high end center they made. I will say for voices the kl-650 is the best Klipsch center I have heard with the exception if the kpt-904 that I own. I have never heard any other center better than it....YET.
  • Like 1

Bigger yes but Actually they are the exact same price for msrp. Which is kind of rediculous but none the less they are. But cinema isn't for normal rooms. It's for a very dedicated setup. Go with the Klipsch thx ultra you won't be disappointed.

Thanks, i lile sound of BW HTM1 (and HTM3S), it is clear, warm. Hope KL650 is warm as BW (warmer than RC64ii).

The best price can i buy? 

Edited by khactuyen

Hope KL650 is warm as BW (warmer than RC64ii).

"Warm" to me means full which means a beefy bottom end. With that definition I think the RC-64ii is significantly warmer than the KL-650's. It doubles the number of 6.5's and adds 13 pounds so I figured that should be obvious. Audessey even tries to cross mine over at 40 hz. I flex the crap out of mine on concert blu rays with no problems. I don't know why your friends setup doesn't sound "warm" in this sense of the word.

Warm doesn't equate to accurate speech though. Too warm and lower voices can sound boomy with an exaggerated lower end which I've been struggling with. The KL-650-THX sounds very accurate on dialogue but that is not due to it having a strong bottom end, its because they are flat, voices sound like the guy is in the same room.

So while I agree that the THX is better for dialogue, I don't agree that it is because they are warmer. I think they are more crisp and realistic, they don't artificially exaggerate any aspects of voices. This sometimes makes for a boring speaker on other material but the THX is awesome for dialogue.

Doesn't happen often but I agree with above. As far as being the more accurate speaker anyway. The kl-650 is worth 710 no problem in my opinion. The rc-64 is IMO worth about 650-700 new. And I think that should be the sticker price on it. But not my company. Now if you aren't buying thx ultra all the way across the front then I wouldn't buy it. Your front three need to be matching series. If your getting rf-7ii then get a third rf-7ii?

The kl-650 is worth 710 no problem in my opinion. The rc-64 is IMO worth about 650-700 new. And I think that should be the sticker price on it. But not my company.

f your getting rf-7ii then get a third rf-7ii?

Wish I could figure out a way to run a third RF-7ii. What does suck is that now I basically have separate left, center, and right channels. With the THX since it was so seamless you could hear the sound slowly shift from the center to a side, I've listened to stuff where guitars seemed to come out of the wall in between speakers, the exact location could vary infinitely. I lost this when moving to a different center channel. For movies only I'd say THX is nicer due to this and better speech from the center, but for rock concert blu rays I think the RC-64ii runs all over THX based on the sound alone, it's much more suited for rock music, and yes concert blu rays does have music coming out of the center channel believe it or not, we've already had that conversation.

The kl-650 is worth 710 no problem in my opinion. The rc-64 is IMO worth about 650-700 new. And I think that should be the sticker price on it. But not my company.

f your getting rf-7ii then get a third rf-7ii?

Wish I could figure out a way to run a third RF-7ii. What does suck is that now I basically have separate left, center, and right channels. With the THX since it was so seamless you could hear the sound slowly shift from the center to a side, I've listened to stuff where guitars seemed to come out of the wall in between speakers, the exact location could vary infinitely. I lost this when moving to a different center channel. For movies only I'd say THX is nicer due to this and better speech from the center, but for rock concert blu rays I think the RC-64ii runs all over THX based on the sound alone, it's much more suited for rock music, and yes concert blu rays does have music coming out of the center channel believe it or not, we've already had that conversation.
easy. Buy a third rf-7ii. Tear it apart and make a new front baffle. Port in the front. And boom. Your golden. I'd do it in a heart beat if I liked the 7ii's as much as you do.

Doesn't happen often but I agree with above. As far as being the more accurate speaker anyway. The kl-650 is worth 710 no problem in my opinion. The rc-64 is IMO worth about 650-700 new. And I think that should be the sticker price on it. But not my company. Now if you aren't buying thx ultra all the way across the front then I wouldn't buy it. Your front three need to be matching series. If your getting rf-7ii then get a third rf-7ii?

Three RF7II is too big for my room, RF7II is quite tall so not Perfect for Screen.

KL 650 is not good match as RF7ii. may be i will buy 2 KL650 replace RF7II (i have bought from my friend).

Audessey even tries to cross mine over at 40 hz. I flex the crap out of mine on concert blu rays with no problems. I don't know why your friends setup doesn't sound "warm" in this sense of the word. Warm doesn't equate to accurate speech though. Too warm and lower voices can sound boomy with an exaggerated lower end which I've been struggling with.

The center channel should not be XO below 60 Hz.  A higher XO may be needed. This will keep some of the bass out of the voices and decrease boominess.  One day, I will get to hear a THX system.

Edited by derrickdj1