KMC1 and iphone

sbaugz

Just got this for my wife for christmas. Its seems to work fine except for the pairing. I will pair it with my iphone using the pairing button on the KMC and then I have to go into my iphone settings and actually find and click on the KMC1 device and it will pair. After I turn off my KMC1 and go to use it again, I have to go thru this entire process to re-pair the device. I thought this KMC1 device was supposed to automically find and pair my iphone each time after the initial pairing was done. It doesn't seem to be working that way. If I have to go into my iphone settings each time and re-pair, then I think I might be returning this unit and getting something different. Thanks for help.

• 4 weeks later...

Pairing or connecting?  Two different things.

You should only have to pair once (press and hold the Bluetooth button on the KMC 1, then find it in the Bluetooth settings on the phone and select it to pair).

The KMC 1 doesn't automatically connect.  You have to open the bluetooth setting and select the speaker you want to connect to.

The reason is the hands-free (speakerphone) feature... if you come home and walk into the house while you're on the phone with your girlfriend and it jumps over to speakerphone, and your wife hears who your talking to it could be bad.  :)

Just kidding.  Auto-reconnect is great for a mouse or keyboard, but not always good for a speaker... especially if you have more than one Bluetooth speaker in your home - I think I have four or five of them now - sometimes you don't know what you're going to get.  Another scenario is you come home late, you're listening to music in your car, shut off the car, walk in the house and the phone jumps onto the speaker and starts playing and wakes up your wife... also not good.

If you find you have to re-pair every time (as opposed to connecting)... sometimes with the phones, if the phone is paired with many devices you will have to delete (forget) some of them on the phone - my brother in law had that problem with his phone and the KMC 1 - it was just a limitation of the phone... he had paired his phone to too many devices and they would drop off one by one.

• 3 weeks later...

You know I really hated that feature but now that you explain why it's not so bad. I had the bose soundlink mini for a while and it got really annoying when i would be listening to pandora outside while working and come in for a drink it automatically paired and started blasting away. In all reality that was MUCH more annoying.