Klipsch kg 4.2 finish vs kg 1.5 finish

Kowalski

Found a pair of kg 1.5s locally and also a pair of 4.2s from a separate seller... Without the benefit of seeing them in person before buying I'm trying to figure out if they are the same color or if lighting is causing them to appear different? The 4.2 brochure color selection suggests this is walnut based on the colors offered that year:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b270/firebird1999us/22586D8E-4AA7-4BBC-821F-CDBFC09EE14B.png_zpst9jz1x34.jpeg

The owner of the 1.5s lists these as light oak:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b270/firebird1999us/CB60D98B-D2C1-41FB-BDD6-4EDF39E3FDE3.png_zpsnqjj19cr.jpeg

Any ideas?

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies and welcomes guys! I'm grabbing the 1.5s for surrounds on Monday and am considering the 4.2s as mains for a living room... the more I toggle back and forth the closer they look so I think it is just a lighting issue. The seller of the 4.2s has yet to get back to me on the official name but I think they are listed as "oak oil"

Regarding the 4.2s - I have yet to come across another pair in my more recent search with a veneer like that in the KG series. They look closer to my old pioneer CS88s... was that an uncommon finish in those? Most of the ones I'm coming across are stained oak or black vinyl...

Edited by Kowalski
  • Like 1

There is variation between speakers and the veneer. I owned a pair of Forte and Chorus, both walnut and made the same year. The Chorus were pretty, but the Forte were gorgeous. I guess the Forte got lucky and there was some exceptional veneer lying around the day they were made.

• Like 1

I have not - I have read a number of reviews and people seem to really like them :)

I'm picking up the KG 1.5s Monday and have also read good reviews about those. The ones I'm grabbing have light wear... I have read all about the crites upgrades on them an may explore that later on ;)

• Like 1