Oneida Dust Deputy - any experience with this?

tigerwoodKhorns

I am getting ready to order an Oneida Dust Deputy.  Has very good reviews and won a shootout on the Wood Whisperer. 

If I had more time I would get the DIY, but I need to get the complete kit. 

Anyone using this?  I am going to start out using it with a shop vac, but will upgrade to a HEPA vacuum at some point in time. 

http://www.woodcraft.com/Product/149951/Oneida-Molded-Dust-Deputy-Kit-With-Two-5-Gallon-Plastic-Buckets.aspx?refcode=10INGOPB&gclid=CKuF3ML65sICFUNrfgodPTQA1w

All the reviews I read say it sucks!

(sorry)

Sorry counselor, the vacuum does the sucking, the deputy is on the other end.  Don't like where this is going.

The Rockler system is not as efficient.  I think that I will get the dust deputy and build a cart for it and my shop vac.  When I set up a shop I will probably fabricate a bigger system from metal.  The cyclone with a taper seems to get everything swirling better. 

I am more concerned about it being made of plastic. 

Here is a comparison.  I really like this guy's videos. 

Edited by tigerwoodKhorns

Time to bump this.  So I have a shop vac that I can use with this.  But I need to buy a switch and hoses.  There are a few smaller HEPA Vacs that work too.

Dewalt has a DWV010 that is HEPA, auto clean filter and quiet (I think)  They also have a larger model, but with the separator, I don't know if that is needed.  I am also thinking that I do a lot of home improvement and having a smaller vac may be better for these jobs (portability).  Menaing use the separator when I do work in the shop and just use the vac when I am doing work in the house. 

Here is the Dewalt 010

http://www.dewalt.com/tools/dust-management-dust-extractors-dwv010.aspx

The 012:

https://www.google.com/search?q=dewalt+dwv012&gws_rd=ssl

The 012 only has 140 cfm of air flow, but the 010 has a 150 cfm of air flow.  I don't  know if that matters at all, or if 10 cfm makes a difference.  But I would think you would higher cfm.  The size of the cavity isn't that big of a deal.  I used a 8 gallon shop vac hooked to my table saw and it takes a while to fill up.  I have more problems with the filter getting clogged first.