Klipsch RC-42 II buying - please help

HoundDog

Hello,

I own Klipsch RF-52 front speakers and I would like to upgrade to 5.1.

I have room approx 5x20.

Thing is I have very little space in cabinet so I must go with Klipsch RC-42 II.

Anyone uses similar setup?

I am little afraid that this centre speaker may not be powerful enough.

However I read many reviews and people talk very positive about that centre speaker.

Thanks for help.

• Like 1

I own the rc-42ii as well as owned every center in the reference line up. The 42 is an ok center. I didn't think there was a big difference between the 42 and 52. Now the 52 to 62 is a very big difference. I'd always recommend the matching size center however if you physically cannot fit it well then it's simple get the one that fits.

• Like 2

I'm in the exact same boat. I just picked up a pair of RF-52's & they're still in the box until I upgrade my Center Speaker. I too have only room for the RC-42II in the "center" space of my tv stand. What Rears are you going to go with? I'm thinking either RB-41's or RS-41's.... Probably the RB-41's. How do you like your RF-52's? Mine are still in the box & I can't wait to get the Center to hook'em up.

• Like 1

Hello,

thanks for an answer. RC-42 II it is then. I am only worried center speaker will be placed too low...

See the picture:

Centre speaker will be placed below receiver  where BD player is. What do you think it is too low or...?

I am pleased with my RF-52's. I live in a flat and I cannot turn it on as I like but sound is very clear and dynamic. Previously I used Yamaha receiver and now Sony STR-DN1050. Many people says Sony & Klipsch do not go along but sound is great. 

For surround I do not know which speakers to buy but I am looking at:

http://www.klipsch.com/R-14S/details

or

http://www.klipsch.com/R-15M/details

I really do not know which to choose...

oj2jnl.jpg

HoundDog,

Welcome to the forum.

thanks for an answer. RC-42 II it is then. I am only worried center speaker will be placed too low... See the picture:   Centre speaker will be placed below receiver  where BD player is. What do you think it is too low or...?

Absolutely too low IMO, and no room to tilt up either. :o

Can you slide the AVR to either side and place the 42II in center on top shelf below the TV? 

Or, pull the AVR forward a bit and use wall mounted brackets to mount the RC-42II right below the TV.

am15.jpg

Or, a riser above the AVR to place the RC-42II.

Bill

Edited by willland

HoundDog,

Welcome to the forum.

thanks for an answer. RC-42 II it is then. I am only worried center speaker will be placed too low... See the picture: Centre speaker will be placed below receiver where BD player is. What do you think it is too low or...?

Absolutely too low IMO, and no room to tilt up either. :o

Can you slide the AVR to either side and place the 42II in center on top shelf below the TV?

Or, pull the AVR forward a bit and use wall mounted brackets to mount the RC-42II right below the TV.

am15.jpg

Or, a riser above the AVR to place the RC-42II.

Bill

great idea with the brackets bill! Yes that is much to low. I would do exactly what bill suggested.

You guys are great! So many thanks for help. Ok now I will order RC-42 II. I took measures and I can mount it below TV.

Btw, where did you get this picture of mount from? I would like to order.

And if I may ask for your recommendation about sub and surround speakers. Here it is my living room where it will be installed.

aqxhi.jpg

As I mentioned before I looked at those for rear surrounds:

http://www.klipsch.com/R-14S/details

Or classic bookshelfs speakers like:

http://www.klipsch.com/R-15M

And for sub I looked at:

http://www.klipsch.com/R-12SW

I listen to music a lot (stereo) and sometimes I miss bass only sub can make. Still I am living in a flat and I do not want make my neighbours call police.

Thanks again guys. You are very helpful.

Oh a sub is very much needed with just about every Klipsch speaker.

Surrounds id stay in the series. Look at the rs-41ii or rs-42ii. Those other you listed are a different reference line. Not matching horns and voiced differently.

And for subs i would look else where from Klipsch. You can spend your money better.

Are you located outside of the US?

Edited by Scrappydue

Btw, where did you get this picture of mount from? I would like to order.

A Google search found this site.

http://www.pinpointmounts.com/AM-15_Center_Channel_Speaker_Mount.html#.VKNP2CvF_ew

Bill

I just received these mounts for my bedroom. Using them for a RC-52II. They should work great when I get time to install them.

Good recommendation! :emotion-21:

Hi. Happy New Year to all!  :D

I am from Europe - Slovenia but I can purchase in Austria, Germany...not problem at all.

I can get good price for Jamo subwoofers but I do not know about quality. My price range is 550$ for sub (in EUR around 450).

I would like your recommendation what is good. I listen most of time music (rock, 50's & 60's, pop from 80's, country, blues) via Spotify or CD.

But is is important for movies as well.

• Like 1