How to mount RS-42 II

nafizur

hi guys,

i got a pair of RS-42II which i need to mount in my bulk head. My room is situated in a way where i can't place them anywhere else. 

Now, i don't know which mount is perfect for that.. could one of you recommend something for me? 

Also, if i do mount it high up there and point it downwards, will i be missing out?? 

I have attached pictures of my room and setup. Speakers need to be mounted up top. Currently i have them sitting on the ledge, but i don't want them there as it' doesn't look good. 

The speaker takes those 2 holes which i've attached also. 

post-60356-0-46040000-1420043569_thumb.j

post-60356-0-56760000-1420043580_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

First, welcome to the forum.  This may get more traction in the HT section.  You can mount surrounds up high and get a good surround effect.  I have been doing this for over 15 years.  Recommendation are for them to be a couple of feet above the ear level but, that is what autocalibration is for.  They can be mounted with a screw in a stud, speaker bracket or with a drywall anchor and screw.  I don't make any attempts to angle them down.

• 9 months later...

i thought if you have a 5.1, those surrounds need to be 90degrees to seated position?

i personally built speaker stands because in my living room, at that specific height they sounded the best.  i experimented with simple 2x4's and small platforms at different heights before i went through the trouble and built a nice stand. i have a 3rd part person do my testing.  what was odd in the entire "testing" was moving the surround as much as 6" either up or down, it gave an effect of "turning them on/off". what we did was lower and raise the sides first until they sounded good, then the rears. once we got all 4 playing nice, that was the height we left them at.  i forgot the actualy measurment, but the rears were more than a foot lower than the sides. (looking at the pic, the rears might have been right at a foot or maybe a touch less)

rears

back left

Edited by InVeNtOr

• 2 weeks later...

First, welcome to the forum.  This may get more traction in the HT section.  You can mount surrounds up high and get a good surround effect.  I have been doing this for over 15 years.  Recommendation are for them to be a couple of feet above the ear level but, that is what autocalibration is for.  They can be mounted with a screw in a stud, speaker bracket or with a drywall anchor and screw.  I don't make any attempts to angle them down.

What he said. Don't get hung up on perfect placement of surrounds because in the end, your room isn't perfect and nor is anything else. There are certain rabbit holes that you don't want to go down and this is one of them. Mount them where you need to and then work with the settings with that location to get the best set up you can. My RS7's aren't mounted at the same height because my woman (hope she doesn't read this, she's mean jfk)had to hang a piece of art and you just go with it and you know what..................still sounds great with a simple calibration. It's all good.