Need Xovers for beater La Scala's...PHOTOS!

jimjimbo

Picked up a pair of beater La Scala's today that came out of a Masonic Temple ($100!).  1976 models that are going to need some serious refinishing, but I needed a nice winter project.....Anyway, need a few things to make them whole again, one of which would be a pair of crossovers.  Would prefer AA's, but let me know what you have.  PM please.

Michael?

post-12530-0-58800000-1420158549_thumb.j

post-12530-0-24840000-1420158498_thumb.j

Edited by jimjimbo
  • Like 2

As far as what I will do with them....don't know yet....I have this really strong tendency to keep everything, especially after getting emotionally attached with putting a lot of time and effort into refurbing.  Will probably depend on how nice I can get them looking.  I've got the split LSI's right now that are black with the cool metal trim, but they don't really fit with the rest of the "group"....Will most likely make some kind of move with one pair or the other sometime next summer.

Now, how they got this way?  No idea, but I know they spent some time in a barn after removal from the Masonic Temple.  More than likely with all the crazy partying that those Mason's are about, I guess I'm not surprised.... :emotion-19:

Have to say, I was shocked that they still had the badges attached.....

Edited by jimjimbo
  • Like 2

First of all, nice find!  What do you want to do with them?  (keep, flip, other?)

Second of all, I understand "beater" La Scalas, but seriously, how do they get beat to pieces to be in that condition?

You think that's bad, see what a Frat house can do to LaScalas. I did a restore in a thread this summer. I will see if I can find the link and post it here. I used regular old Bondo, elbow greese and some Duratex.

Found the thread:

Badly beat up LaScala restoration completed

LaScala_Before11.jpg

Edited by mustang guy
  • Like 1

I have the old A/AA from my Khorns, using one in the test rig now. Do you need a single or a pair. Also have some AL3 here from my LR LSBR units that I could part with. 

Did one of them used to have an internal amplifier? Some LS were rigged up that way with tube amps for use as organ speakers. 

• Like 1