KP-302 Value, performance

rockhound

I have found a set of these semi local and thought about picking them up as I've always wanted to try a set of the pro line. Problem is I can't seem to find any real world experiences with them. Anyone here ever own a pair if so what did you like and dislike about them? I think these are basically industrial Cornwallis but not sure.

• Like 1

These have limited (softer) top end as the horns are designed for mid duty only, but if your hearing rolls at 14KHz then you won't know the difference. A chorus ll would be a better option (all be it a physically larger package)it too has the pro woofer the same mid horn and a K79 tweeter. I don't suppose it would be very difficult to modify the front baffle of the KP302 and include a K79 vertically positioned. With the proper application of acoustical damping material I believe that you could lower the bass response to below 50Hz. You would then have a super Heresy on steroids. They would be a super set of cabinets to have anywhere. Best regards Moray James.

Edited by moray james

Hey rockhound, I do not own these but I do own two sets of KP362's and they are awsome. They are like ChorusII's on steroids. I power them with a Carver TFM 42. This set-up is in my autoshop and we jam out. I love the pro-line Klipsch.

I have seen the KP 302's for sale here and there and I too would like to snag a set.......but for 3.5 hour drive one way....hmmmm.

Anyway let us know what ya come up with....good luck :-)

• Like 1

Hey rockhound, I do not own these but I do own two sets of KP362's and they are awsome. They are like ChorusII's on steroids. I power them with a Carver TFM 42. This set-up is in my autoshop and we jam out. I love the pro-line Klipsch.

I have seen the KP 302's for sale here and there and I too would like to snag a set.......but for 3.5 hour drive one way....hmmmm.

These things never come up in my area. Where are you in Maryland I used to live in Aberdeen for a few years worked at APG.

These things never come up in my area. Where are you in Maryland I used to live in Aberdeen for a few years worked at APG.
I live in Mt Airy and my shop is in Westminster. I snaged two sets of KP362's about a year ago. A guy had them on e-bay. They were not selling, he listed them three times. Well I contacted him to ask him if wanted to trade some audio gear, he had a store on e-bay with a lot of electronics. I sent him pics of all the stuff I wanted to trade. It was a lot of gear, I was not using it and was doing me no good. He met me in York Pa, my wife and loaded up two Honda Odyssey vans with my old stuff. I thought it was a good deal for both of us. He got a lot of gear he could re-sell and I got some bad a$$ KP 362's.....oh yea

Good old APG, I have not been there in years.....very cool place to see the old WWII armor. When I was a kid my dad would take me out there a few times a year. We built model tanks, my dad did some real cool stuff. The kind of stuff that should of been in those model magazines........sorry starting to go off subject.

One speaker I ran accross this year for pro-sound was a set of EV Eliminator i's. They were in great shape and had great sound (imho) $300 bucks I could not turn them down. I am not a pro-audio guy, but I am now on the hunt for some matching EV bass bins.

So are you still in Md?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

What would be a good amp to run these? I think I'm going to give them a go for 300 bones what the heck! I'll need a amp to run them tho!

steal - great - cant buy the parts for this price -gas is cheap - so go for it - once you will have them , you will see that you ended having a goodfeal as long as they are in good condition -

Anyway let us know what ya come up with....good luck

are the KP 362 that good -versud a chorus 2 that was supposed to be very good in the bass response  - from memory the KP 362  dont have a rear passive radiator -

Anyway let us know what ya come up with....good luck

are the KP 362 that good -versud a chorus 2 that was supposed to be very good in the bass response  - from memory the KP 362  dont have a rear passive radiator -
the KP362's have two ports in the rear of the speaker......when driving them you can feel the air :-)
  • Like 1

Any suggestions on a amp?

I love the Carver amps with a lot of my Klipsch. I have also used some Crown amps with my Klipsch 362's they also had great sound.

I have yet to use any QSC amps but I would love to try em......

I've got a few of the Adcoms.....again they do have good sound, I use them for my LaScala's.....but again the Carver amps just seem to get those woofers.......woofing....lol lol.

I got a few of the TFM line......42, 55 and a 55x. All of those are rated @ 375 watts in 8 ohms, and they run cool.

Then you got the BIG Carver pro stuff that is just nuts....the PM1800 and the PM2400 both of those have two power cords.

But again the Carver stuff is getting old. I've got a TFM55 that I'm having a tough time getting fixed, my amp guy can't find parts.

Anywho.....what I'm trying to say is get a amp that will put some power in those KP 302's :-)

Let us know, :-)

• Like 1

I got a few of the TFM line......42, 55 and a 55x. All of those are rated @ 375 watts in 8 ohms, and they run cool.

The TFM's are nice as well.  I enjoy mine.  They're just about getting old enough to need a recap but honestly, mine still sounds great as is.

• Like 1