Who has the best rack?

eth2

If you want an actual rack and not shelves, best I can tell the best buys out there are the Sanus CFR series, Middle Atlantic RCS series, and Peerless AVL. But, $100 still won't buy them. As for "the best", coolest ones I've seen are EMC2's. But, you have to buy like a million bucks worth of servers in order to get the rack. :)

As for shelves, yeah I don't see why a cabinet maker or anybody with access to a table saw couldn't make some. Probably not cost effective to hire a pro but they would look nice.

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

If you want an actual rack and not shelves, best I can tell the best buys out there are the Sanus CFR series, Middle Atlantic RCS series, and Peerless AVL. But, $100 still won't buy them. As for "the best", coolest ones I've seen are EMC2's. But, you have to buy like a million bucks worth of servers in order to get the rack. :)

As for shelves, yeah I don't see why a cabinet maker or anybody with access to a table saw couldn't make some. Probably not cost effective to hire a pro but they would look nice.

I agree, but I bought a heavy VTI rack system to get me through until I can find time to build a rack.  I think that was 6 years ago. 

The $300 rack on AudioGON looks really nice and worth the money (a deal at that price) 

• Like 1

here is a link to a pick of some very nice isolation cones figure 3 cones per platform

http://mapleshaderecords.com/audioproducts/template_brassfooters.php#photos

Isolation does not equal snake oil, it provides some definite improvements, although there are tons of isolation products available this is just 1 option that I have actually used and was happy with

Edited by joessportster

The older I get, the more world hardened I get, the more I am turning into Paul Wilbur Klipsch. And less tolerant of Bovine Excrement or muslc lovers wasting money for little to no improvements or even losses gained. Consider yourself warned. PWK was quite the engineer, the human being, the person and character. But he was honest, he didn't suffer fools, and did teach people a lot, I am one of those who learned from his firehose of knowledge of audio, of people, and of life itself. Being physically challenged he also told me in a visit, "You know a lot, you try to be friendly, you don't suffer fools like I don't suffer them, you don't like Bull*hit, explain why they are wrong, integrity is paramount". "You can understand this, it is your gain, you are ahead". Refreshing, we were too much alike. I think that is why I enjoyed PWK too much. I liked the fact he saw me as a whole person, and not physically challenged. He taught me too much and not to accept dull and mediocre and not to suffer fools. 

The older I get, the more world hardened I get, the more I am turning into Paul Wilbur Klipsch. And less tolerant of Bovine Excrement or muslc lovers wasting money for little to no improvements or even losses gained. Consider yourself warned. PWK was quite the engineer, the human being, the person and character. But he was honest, he didn't suffer fools, and did teach people a lot, I am one of those who learned from his firehose of knowledge of audio, of people, and of life itself. Being physically challenged he also told me in a visit, "You know a lot, you try to be friendly, you don't suffer fools like I don't suffer them, you don't like Bull*hit, explain why they are wrong, integrity is paramount". "You can understand this, it is your gain, you are ahead". Refreshing, we were too much alike. I think that is why I enjoyed PWK too much. I liked the fact he saw me as a whole person, and not physically challenged. He taught me too much and not to accept dull and mediocre and not to suffer fools. 

Other than this, what kind of rack do you use?

I tried to order this at maple shades:

Jacqueline Bisset.  Remember "The Deep"? :) 

You old farts...

These days it's Katy Perry

Anyway, is it possible to get a decent glass rack for less than $100? Or should I just be looking on craigslist?

Yes, but think of Jacqueline Bisset as a 1977 "Heritage" rack.  Then we can all appreciate the build and craftsmanship involved.

Ah, "Heritage Rack", that's a good one....Another would be Jamie Lee Curtis in "Trading Places"....doesn't get much better than that.

Or Jamie Lee in True Lies dancing as an "undercover agent".