WTB: Heresy I or II (Kansas City)

lbb020

I would keep your eye out, they do pop up on CL and Ebay.  If you are willing to travel you will have better luck.  All so are you restricted to size, as sometimes beater Cornwalls come up for that price. Just keep your eye and be patient.  Bump this topic once a week to see if there are folks out there willing to part.  Good luck on your search, and welcome to the forum.  

• Like 1

Zim - thanks for the advice. In a little over 24 hours, I've had an impressive response from my WTB CL ad. Currently, I have a guy willing to part with a pair of original Heresy for $400 (or less) and someone else that's willing to sell me a pair 1986 Forte I for $350 (or less).

I've never heard the Forte, but from what I've briefly read they're better on the bottom end but not as detailed on the high end compared to the Heresy. Is this a fair assessment? Can I really go wrong either way? I'm going to be powering with a vintage Onkyo TX-4500, and I KNOW the Heresys sound wonderful with this setup. Thoughts?

Ended up going with the Fortes, quite a bit larger than the Heresys but still a good match with the Onkyo. However, there seems to be a little bit of pulsating bass sound from the passive rear woofers. A distance from wall issue? 

• Like 1

Ended up going with the Fortes, quite a bit larger than the Heresys but still a good match with the Onkyo. However, there seems to be a little bit of pulsating bass sound from the passive rear woofers. A distance from wall issue? 

Could be....move them back and forth and check it out.  That poster of Farah Fawcett hanging above them could be a problem too.... :emotion-14: 

However, there seems to be a little bit of pulsating bass sound from the passive rear woofers. A distance from wall issue? 

Could be.  When I had my forte's I positioned them about 20 inches off front wall and about the same from the side walls.  

No issues at all with with boomy bass or the like.

Bill