Any market for stock Cornwal III crossovers?

Tutor Turtle

I bought new crossovers from ALK Engineering.

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in the stock crossovers from a C3?

They're in like-new condition.

They were use three or four year before I switched them out?

I can't see any reason why they couldn't be used in a C1 or C2.

how are you - I sent you a PM as I could use these crossovers - please PM me if they are still available for sale  - best regards

• Like 1

I would not consider a titanium diaphragm an upgrade more like a change in overall tonality.  Phenolic diaphrams are far smoother over the frequency spectrum, titanium can be harsh and edgy at certain frequencies.  It is more a matter of taste than an upgrade.

the sound of the metal diaphragms is definitely different from the Phenolic and some prefer one over the other. I can say that in all the Klipsch which I have installed Titanium diaphragms I can play at much higher levels than I could with the Phenolic diaphragms but please note that all my compression drivers are modified.

If you find yourself in the Phenolic camp the Crites CT125 is a superb sounding (tweeter) driver which is Phenolic. I like it every bit as much as the Titanium diaphragms. Further Bob's Phenolic mid diaphragm is to me superior sounding to the stock Klipsch mid range diaphragm. I hope this is of interest to those who enjoy the phenolic sound. Best regards Moray James.

hi morey - your input as far as the  CT 125 in that it is a quality tweeter is interesting as the Ct125 is the eminence apt 50  -30$  the diaphragms cost 15$ - so a relatively cheap Iitem like the selenium super tweeters - the beymas cp21 etc - they are mostly used in car audio but still , they are appreciated by klipsch fans who wish to replace the T35 -k77 which are obsolete -

You are mistaken about the Eminence APT50 and the CTS125. The original Eminence APT50 was not made by eminence but by a polish company and it quickly became very popular. Eminence eventually thought that they could make their own APT and save money and that is when they stopped being popular. Bob Crites has that original Polish firm make his CT125 for him. I suggest that you check with Bob to verify this. Bob adds a phase plug to the otherwise horn lens which is a very nice sounding horn the remainder of the sound quality is the result of the driver and diaphragm.

is it the horn design that Bob Crites makes with plastic that is the trick  that improves the sound. Best regards Moray James.

• Like 1

You are mistaken about the Eminence APT50 and the CTS125. The original Eminence APT50 was not made by eminence but by a polish company and it quickly became very popular. Eminence eventually thought that they could make their own APT and save money and that is when they stopped being popular. Bob Crites has that original Polish firm make his CT125 for him. I suggest that you check with Bob to verify this. Bob adds a phase plug to the otherwise horn lens which is a very nice sounding horn the remainder of the sound quality is the result of the driver and diaphragm.

is it the horn design that Bob Crites makes with plastic that is the trick  that improves the sound. Best regards Moray James.

thanks Morey - actually - I have  10 of the old APT 50 tweeters that I never used  or even listened to - most have the apt 80 horn - I got these years ago when I read that they were a good replacement of the T35 - I also have T350's That are unused - - now if I could get the CT 125 horn - I could use these but Bob Crites does not sell these seperately-