Klipsch CES 2015

Rivervalleymgb

Hopefully they don't charge more than the reference ii that they copied. This to me is very similar to what they did with the icon copper reference. A tinker here and there can't cost hundreds more. Im just not convinced these aren't reference ii with a name change. 

Edited by Cinema_head

This to me is very similar to what they did with the icon copper reference. 

You can't be serious.

You have basically the same speaker with a new finish and a little different horn. Just like when you went from reference 1 to reference ii with the different horn driver and lower xo point. Im definitely not the only one that sees or will see this Chad. Now I know you have to sell it as much much more. I get that. But If you paint an apple blue its not going to change what it is. Now Im sure you guys got a small bump with the changes. Very similar to the icon to the reference small bump you might have got. 

Hey I loved my rf-82 ht system. Sounded amazing. And these new speakers are going to sell Im sure probably just like the last reference ii line. Im just calling a spade a spade :).  

Edited by Cinema_head

• Administrators

You can't be serious.

You have basically the same speaker with a new finish and a little different horn. Just like when you went from reference 1 to reference ii with the different horn driver and lower xo point. Im definitely not the only one that sees or will see this Chad. Now I know you have to sell it as much much more. I get that. But If you paint an apple blue its not going to change what it is. Now Im sure you guys got a small bump with the changes. Very similar to the icon to the reference small bump you might have got. 

Hey I loved my rf-82 ht system. Sounded amazing. And these new speakers are going to sell Im sure probably just like the last reference ii line. Im just calling a spade a spade :).  

C'mon man.... you can't see that it's a completely different cabinet design, new tweeter design, new horn design, and new port design? All you are seeing (apparently) is that the Ref Premiere and the Ref II are both 2-way towers with copper cones. Look closer. So much more. Also I hope you get the chance to audition these in person (call your local dealer!!!)

• Like 1

You can't be serious.

C'mon man.... you can't see that it's a completely different cabinet design, new tweeter design, new horn design, and new port design? All you are seeing (apparently) is that the Ref Premiere and the Ref II are both 2-way towers with copper cones. Look closer. So much more. Also I hope you get the chance to audition these in person (call your local dealer!!!)

Give me a little more credit then that man. You made changes to the rf-82 design that you feel make it a better speaker. I get it. You guys have a list full of new and improved things over the last speakers (just like the updated reference ii line and icon copper copies have a list of why they are better then the old stuff). All sales 101 stuff. Every little change is a big improvement over the older design. 

With every new speaker being put out and being so much better then the last and the last. You would think at this point these speakers would be cooking and cleaning by now  :P

Im not trying to bust your balls Chad. I would love to go hear them. Im in MN st paul area 55127. Please point me to a place I can go hear these new speakers. Im being serious I have no clue where to go. Are they going in best buy by chance?

Edited by Cinema_head