Boxx's son with some upsetting news

Boxx

1 Thessalonians 4:13

But we don't want you to be ignorant, brothers, concerning those who have fallen asleep, so that you don't grieve like the rest, who have no hope.

Alex,

My Deepest Sympathy to you and your family. You will be in our prayers. Your father and his persona will be greatly missed on this forum.

Eric

• Moderators

Alex, I'm truly sorry for your loss.  Boxx was indeed a vital part of this community.  It's strange that although we have never met, we share the same passion for audio and for Klipsch.  He will be missed deeply.  Praying for you and your family.

Michael

Alex,

I just joined the forum a month or so ago, and it seemed he and I had similar things in common from the Dallas Cowboys, to Pink Floyd, and speaking of fishing. We only spoke a few times, but he seemed to be very personable. A trait not seen in these days from many people. 

I am saddened about hearing of his passing. Please accept my condolences.

Jim

Edited by Jim

Must mention this.  For those of you who wonder about the Texan mystique, Boxx's picture should be in the dictionary to illustrate "Texan."  USNRET's motto from his father would work for Boxx nicely:  "When a Texan shakes your hand, it stays shook."

Dave

Edited by Mallette
  • Like 1

Alex - I live in west Arlington, so if you need anything that I can help you with - please let me know.

I'm very sorry about this.  I was looking forward to meeting him.  Prayers for you and your family.

Chris

Thank you sir.  That means a lot for the offer.  I teach and coach in Arlington.  It is difficult to look at his stereo equipment, or want to listen to music.  All of these things I shared with him, l remind me of him.  This has been one of the hardest days of my life.  I have lost a father and best friend. 

• Like 7

Alex,

So very sorry for the loss of your father and friend. I'm at a loss and still choked up. He was very well respected here and always had a kind word for all, new and old.

Many times he brightened my day with his humor and animated gifs.

He will be missed but never forgotten.

Blessings to you and your family,

Billy

• Moderators
It is difficult to look at his stereo equipment, or want to listen to music. All of these things I shared with him, l remind me of him. This has been one of the hardest days of my life. I have lost a father and best friend.

Boxx shared his love and passion for music with the ones that he loved.  Alex, his legacy will continue to live on through you. 

• Moderators
Boxx, on 05 Jan 2015 - 8:11 PM, said:Boxx, on 05 Jan 2015 - 8:11 PM, said: It is difficult to look at his stereo equipment, or want to listen to music. All of these things I shared with him, l remind me of him.

It will take some time, but these things making you think of him is a good thing. I know it doesn't feel like it now but it will eventually, your dad is a good man and he would smile knowing when you listen to music you think if him. 

Sorry for the loss

Edited by dtel

Alex, I'm so sorry for your loss.  Thank you so much for letting us know.  Your dad's words touched many people all over the country and many in countries around the world.  His opinion was sought after for his wisdom, and he had this way of talking that brought humor to many.

I never had the pleasure of meeting your dad in person, but I'm sure if I had, I would call him friend.