Boxx's son with some upsetting news

Boxx

I am saddened by your father's passing. But elated you were there for his good care and to heed his wishes in the end. And since you are his son, you are by extension one of us. I lost my own grandmother and mate, the Halloween before last. I inherited her house, I still live here. And it is OK to be saddened and even overwhelmed. I understand. Please keep us posted about how you are adjusting. We are here to be friends and to assist you. Never forget that. 

I would like to offer my condolences. I've been on this forum for many years and he was one of my favorite members. Always gracious and a music lover like many of us are, impressed me greatly. I'm certain we will all miss him and will be thinking of him and family. Wishing the family peace and strength through a very tough time.

Alex, that's my son in my avatar. He just turned 11 years old and loves baseball. When your father and I talked baseball it was quite obvious that he was very proud of you. He talked about your HS baseball, college, and your coaching. He described the many sacrifices the family made to travel every weekend to baseball tournaments and how he felt it was all worth it. He told me to cherish the time I have with my son (Auston) and I know he was right. Thank you, thank you so much for sharing your great father with us here. He was truly a prince of a man!

I was talking to my dad last night about my baseball schedule for school.  He was excited and proud that a local high school didn't invite my baseball team back this year because they took us "lightly," and we beat them in their own tournament.  

I will always be thankful for the sacrifices he made for me to play at a higher level.  He recently told me how badly his arm would hurt throwing the millions of pitches to me in the batting cages.  I wouldn't doubt he threw me millions of pitches over the years.

He never wanted to let the pain show, or tell me, in fear I wouldn't ask for him to throw to me because he wanted me to be the best.  Those days will always be worth it to me, because it was time I spent with him learning the successes and failures of baseball...life. He would tell me, "baseball is a very unforgiving sport."  Just like life, because you are, "only as good as your last at bat."  As a young teen, he would print out or hand write little motivational baseball quotes in my room.  I still have a few I kept over the years. 

It will hurt me deeply not having him in the stands while I coach, as he made every game he could watch.  I know he is just looking down from heaven, it just hurts he will not be there after games to give me his "critique" of what happened.  

• Like 7

Alex … would you be willing to post a photo of your Dad?  Also, in all my conversations with him, I never asked him what “Boxx” meant--some sort of nickname?  Are you able to share that? Loved your comment about him playing the music too loud and always wanting “one more.”  Two problems that I suffer from.

• Like 2

I think in the interest of the forum, his avatar sums up what he would look like in person.  Actually, it is not far off from him.  He loved his "retirement beard."  

The story of his "nick name...."  Let's just say it's Boxx, with two X's.  I will leave the story at that for now.  

I do know he made it a point for his grandson to call him "Boxx" and not any other names!  My nephew will miss "his Boxx."

“I suppose it's like the ticking crocodile, isn't it? Time is chasing after all of us.”

J.M Barrie, Peter Pan

I noted this relatively recent signature from Kevin every time I read one of his posts...but it really finally hit me tonight.  I will leave it elevated rather than my huge "TRVTH" that I usually respond with when someone's statement strikes me as beyond debate.

Dave

So sorry to read this news today. Boxx was one of the good guys, he spent a lot of time here and the depth and breadth of his love of music is legendary. So sorry for your loss and tragic experience. Perhaps in time you will take some true comfort in being there with him.  

I have to recall recently stumbling across the setlist I created for my own mother's funeral some 16 years ago on a Christmas eve. You have a wealth of musical influences that I'm certain you grew up with, knowing Boxx's listening habits. Creating a setlist for this day will truly be a labor of love and a tribute to the man. If it's not too much perhaps you could share with us at some point? 

He will be missed here. Be at peace. 

Michael

• Like 1

Alex, your father was truly the most interesting man on the Klipsch forum. Kevin educated us, infected us with his passion for music and family, and made us laugh with his posts so very often, brightening our days and threads,

Your Dad gave to us all--he brought us all in as extended family through his keen wit and music passion. As one of our patriarchs of passion and joy, he will be sorely missed, but will continue to challenge and encourage us all through his archived posts. Though our loss in the Klipsch family can barely compare to the loss you and your family feel, your extended family here in the forum feel we have lost a true gift in your father.

My prayers for you and your family in the now and through the days ahead. May God rise up the stories of joy Kevin has hidden your heart and the hearts of your immediate family members, and give you all the opportunity to share them in these early days.

Prayers,

Billy

• Like 2