Boxx's son with some upsetting news

Boxx

Dear Alex & Family,

I'd like to extend my deepest condolences to you & the family on the sudden passing of Boxx.

As a relative newcomer to the forum & my all too briefly developed online rapport w/ Boxx. I could only surmise that he was a man of the highest caliber, who epitomized the definition of a class act. Thanks to your fond anecdotes & recollections of your Dad. It verified that judgement of his character. His passion for art, music & insight into nameless other subjects was an inspiration. And is something to which we all could aspire to emulate. He will be sorely missed, but his memory will live on in all the hearts of those he touched. I feel privileged to have known him via his online persona & can only share a portion of the sense of loss. Compared to that which those who knew him intimately must be feeling. My sincerest sympathies & prayers are with you all.

BobPezz

Edited by bobpezz

Alex.

Im sorry to hear about the passing of your father, I didn't know him personally. But like most here I enjoyed reading his posts. I always came away with the notion he was a genuinely honest and caring person.

Stay strong and close to your mom as im sure she will need you more than ever.

Thoughts and prayers

Stacy

My heartfelt condolences on the loss of your father Alex.  

He had an uncanny ability to fire a  fittingly hilarious gif of TMIMITW into a spirited forum exchange.  You could almost hear his wry chuckle in the background.  It always brought a belly laugh from me and honestly a bit of envy that I was never as clever.

I hope that your Dad's ability to make people feel as though they belonged and were part of something worthwhile brings some small measure of solace to you and your family.  He will not be forgotten and his like won't be found again.

Peace to you and yours.

-Joe

Tough news to get this morning, I like many others always enjoyed reading Boxx's posts. Hard to explain to others why I am crying here at work for a man I didn't know. It's my eye condition, that must be it.

Eternal rest grant unto him O Lord and let perpetual light shine upon him. May he rest in peace, Amen.

Eternal rest grant unto him O Lord and let perpetual light shine upon him. May he rest in peace, Amen.
  And again AMEN!

Alex,

Your family will be lifted up in prayer, not just today, but for a long time... So very sorry to see this news.

Bruce

• Like 1

Tough news to get this morning, I like many others always enjoyed reading Boxx's posts. Hard to explain to others why I am crying here at work for a man I didn't know. It's my eye condition, that must be it.

I kept coming back to this post yesterday after reading it in the morning. Each time I was at a loss for words. Stephen has said it for me.....how can I shed tears for a man that I never met.....I don't know......all I know is I am so sad for your loss. Alex, my thoughts are with you and your famaily at this very tough time.

I will miss Boxx....

Boxx was a very admirable man. He had a great attitude about family, community and country.

I never met him, but after I joined the forum last year and he invited me to visit the RTM thread, it was fun to see that his and my lifelong music listening choices were often similar. When he shared the story about the Coke vending machine he bought in college then converted into a beer dispenser and still owned after all these years, it was like we had known each other for a long time already.

I will always have fond memories of Boxx and how he made our world a better place.

Late in reading this, I check in every couple days.  I'm sorry, Alex.  I also have enjoyed every one of your Dad's posts.  Always optimistic and full of humor.  He will always be your dad.  I will be thinking of him, you and your family.

Edited by Rivernuggets

There is little I can add to the heartfelt expression of loss and sadness over this great tragedy

You and your Mom know far more about his person, personality  and character then can ever be uncovered by the narrow confines of an online forum.  However, the unabashed respect and admiration universally held here on the Klipsch forum, speaks very well to how wonderful he must have been in real life.

I know the coming weeks and months will be terribly hard, but  consider this: to have known him even for the far too short span of his life is far better to have not known him at all. 

Also know this, with the passage of time the hurt will give way, as it must.  What will replace it is a brief smile that will cross your face and warm your heart everytime a random memory, or event, triggers thoughts of your fine father.

• Moderators

I just read this on a quick break and, like many, am in utter shock.  

Alex, I am so sorry for the loss to you, your mother and sister, and Kevin's entire family.  I never got to meet Kevin in person, but we spoke on the phone several times about speakers and the possibility of getting together as I live in Austin and have an Aunt and Uncle that live about 2 miles North of Ovila.  Sadly, we were never able to make the in person connection, but I enjoyed our conversations and reading his posts on here.

I am trying to see if I can break away to go to the service tomorrow from Austin.

Kevin, I wish you God's speed.

Travis

• Like 1