Boxx's son with some upsetting news

Boxx

Well , Boxx would have a fancy gif. all I got is this .

Big , Nasty Bacon Cheeseburger with Jalapeno slices and Caramelized Onions and a huge Syrah that can cut through them all .

P1000612.jpg

P1000613.jpg

May you have all the fine food , music and spirits that you can stand .

Wherever you are 

• Moderators

There is not much I can say here about our beloved Boxx that hasn't already been said, except from my perspective -- as a female admin of a forum dominated by men for many years, I can say that Boxx was the ultimate gentleman, supportive of my efforts professionally and personally, always with a kind and encouraging word. 

I'm simply speechless and profoundly saddened. I know he will be missed here, and I'll miss him checking in on me from time to time since I left Klipsch. What a special, special man.

Thoughts with you and your family, Alex. I never met your father face to face, but I wish I had.

~Amy

• Like 2

"If I woke up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet, I would not be more surprised". My condolences to your family. Like so many here, I genuinely enjoyed Boxxs' posts and I will certainly miss seeing them. Sorry I never got to meet him. 

Going home, going home
By the waterside I will rest my bones
Listen to the river sing sweet songs
To rock my soul.

• Like 1

I am still so saddend by this. For years we've had fun banter about sports, music, food, the weather, etc. This is really the only forum I participate in and really try to follow and I love reading post from all of you. There was an instant connection with Boxx ( if that makes sense), he was very accepting to all, and with him being from Texas, he made a kid from Utah with Texas roots feel welcomed here.

I feel there is a void for sure now and it sucks, I am really bummed by this. I hope his family can know how much he has meant to so many of us.

A few years ago I sent Kevin a few cds, and I was so stoked to see that he was posting them on Right This Minute.

• Like 2

Wow!  This is indeed shocking and sad news. I am just now seeing this as I don't really visit this part of the forum.  I never met Boxx in person but that almost happened as I once tried to buy some gear from him.  Heck, I once asked him to adopt me and he seemed open to the idea!  We could've been brothers!  :)

My thought and prayers go out to you and your family.  May he rest in peace.

Alex.....I have not been on the forum for a week and then I see this......prayers to your family.

I was very lucky to meet Boxx two months ago when I made the trip to purchase his Jubs(now my avitar). I had just lost my wife of 34 years and one thing we talked about was all of your parents collectables and antiques because my wife and her family were in the business for 30 years. It was clear he loved music, but also that he and your mom had a passion for collecing things big and small because every inch was filled with items to cherish and remember the past.

There was also a grandson there to clear the way and help, of coursre I had to tease him while Boxx got things unhooked. One last thing to mention was his beard....Boxx said he had not shaved since he retired, I also have a long goat and told him since my wife was no longer around to feep it in check I hoped it would get at least a foot longer and I could put it in a braid!

Alex, once again I pray for your loss and to everyone who will miss a fine man and friend....Steve

• Like 2

OMG, OMG, OMG! Alex, your father was absolutely a shining light. So kind, so funny and so real and one of the first posters I always look for when I got on the forum. I could not begin to say how much I will miss him out here and hope that both you and Genevieve stay with us here. He was truly one of a kind and someone we all called friend. I have been offline for several months and this news literally breaks my heart, he did love this forum and his hobby but I also know he loved his family 10 times as much and he was so proud of you and your sister.

I was so looking forward to meeting all of you one day on one of my trips back home to Texas, he and I had joked on more than one occasion who would get to see who's setup's first. My deepest condolences go out to your entire family, I am conforted to know he went quickly and did not suffer too much. Even with his passing I'll never be able to think of him and not have an overwhelming smile cross my face, always know that he touched so many just being who he was. In the thesaurus of my mind he will always be the picture by the word friend.

All...Boxx was young by many of our standards.  But one thing should be emphasized and remembered by his family as well.  He'd done a great job in life and left it without pain from his happy place from Alec's description.

Boxx died an enviable death and I'd be good with the same at this very moment.  He was blessed, and, as my mother said "No one is called home until their mission is complete."  

Dave

• Like 2

I think it is great that not only did they love him because he was their Dad, they seem to really enjoy him as a person.  I’m envious of those that got to know their parents as adults. I only know what people have told me. Both my folks died five months apart when i was eight years old -- Going through some belongings, i discovered that my Mom once worked at a record store. I wonder if i could have gotten them to listen to Queen?

Edited by BigStewMan
  • Like 1