Boxx's son with some upsetting news

Boxx

• Moderators

My 10 year old son Steven has started fundraising for the American Heart Association. As I was setting up his page just now, I couldn't help but think of Boxx, and included his name on Steven's page for remembrance.

Alex, I hope you don't mind. I feel it's the least I can do. 

• Like 9

My 10 year old son Steven has started fundraising for the American Heart Association. As I was setting up his page just now, I couldn't help but think of Boxx, and included his name on Steven's page for remembrance.

Alex, I hope you don't mind. I feel it's the least I can do. 

Amy,

That is a wonderful gesture.

Pretty impressive of Steven also.

Bill

• Like 1

I just got back from New Orleans since the New Year celebrating my 60th birthday on January 4th with my wife and dogs.  I touched base with Boxx on buying the Jubs from Don, then he contacted me when he was ready to move on as I had on owning some myself.  I have lived in Duncanville for 30 years, I have sisters that graduated from Kimball. 

Boxx was a class act.

Thinking positive thoughts for him and his family.

• Like 2

Hello Klipsch Community,

My apologies if this is in the wrong forum, please move if I made a mistake. 

I am writing with a heavy heart to this forum and community.  My father, "BOXX" passed away last night.  It was sudden and my family is still in shock.  He was sitting at the kitchen bar in his house after we watched the Cowboy game together and had a heart attack.  He went very peacefully.  My mother and I did everything we could to help him.  The only comfort is that it was quick and painless. 

It hurts me deeply. as my father was my best friend.  He was always on this forum and I needed to share the news with this community. 

I realize it is an "internet community," however, he enjoyed this forum very much.  As he passed away last night, he was listening to music (a new play list), surfing the forum (I checked and it was about Pink Floyd: one of my cherished bands, because of my fathers influence to me), and looking on amazon prime for yet another album.  He was doing what he loved in retirement, listening to music...always too loudly...and always "just one more song"...much to mother's tolerance.

He was married to my mother for over 35 years, and have both been role models for me. 

I hope that this news reaches his friends on this community, and please contact me if you have any questions.  I have his account open on his laptop, and will check periodically. 

With a wounded heart, respectfully his son,

Alex

Alex, I completely missed this. I am so sorry for your family's loss. I have no doubt that you dad "rests in Light Eternal" now, and stands as part of the "great cloud of witnesses". I never met him, but we shared some experiences and private conversations. Meeting him was on my bucket list (I always honk when I drive through Ovilla). Now I shall have to put that meeting off for another, more glorious day.

Had I known before now, I would have made the trip to Dallas for his memorial. You and your mother are in my prayers (as you are in your dad's ongoing prayers).

In God's Great Peace,

P.M. Summer

Edited by pmsummer
  • Like 1

T54KTT.jpg

REQUIEM
Jean Gilles
Patrick Mason, Anne Azema, Jean Nirouet, Frances Conover Fitch
Ensemble de Tambours Provencaux
Boston Camerata
Aix-en-Provence Festival Choir
Joel Cohen, director

Apex - Erato

Requiescat in pace, our friend BOXX, leading the way as usual. Condolences to/for his wife, children and friends. Thank you Gary for making sure I knew about this, and to Dennie who also tried to let me know.

Till we meet face to face Kevin, Vaya con Dios.

• Like 1

Alex

I'm very sorry to hear of the passing of your dad.  It's been a while since I've visited the Forum, so I just now saw your post.

I live in the DFW area, and it now seems incredible that I never met Boxx in person.  I always assumed that I would eventually meet him at a Klipsch Pilgrimage or one of the informal "DFW Hornheads" get-togethers that happen around here every so often.  I think we too often take things like that for granted, and don't realize until it's too late the lost opportunities that forever slip past us in this life.

May God be with you and your family.

David

Edited by Seadog
  • Like 3

I love Anne Azema. The Unicorn-Chants Medievaux is fantastic.

Good Lord, why did it take you so long to get here?  You are in the RIGHT place...

Dave

Haha...I have many other tricks up my sleeve. I have used The Unicorn for some pre-show/incidental music in some of the plays I have produced.

Thanks for the welcome, Dave.

• Like 1

I am also late to the news.

So many of my thoughts have already been said - but it's obvious that he was a huge part of this community. I am sorry, Alex, for your family's loss, and I am sorry for the forum as well, as we so obviously lost a great member and friend to the community.

I also want to thank you, Alex, for making us aware of this. While the news is heartbreaking, we all here appreciate that you thought of us.

• Like 3

I saw this very sad announcement last night after checking in on the forum for the first time since the 3rd.  Was up till 1:00 this morning reading through all the posts here and in RTM…30+ pages of kind words for a man we all have great respect for.  I did not want to believe it…hoped it was not true and I would awake today with it just being a bad dream.

I looked forward to his humorous posts and the daily pics of his music selections with his audio gear in the background.  I hoped to meet him someday in person.  His legacy here will live on in “Right This Minute”.

His unexpected passing is very unfortunate and my thoughts and prayers for continued strength are with Mrs. Croft, Alex, Genevieve and his entire family and friends.  I bet Doak is also missing him in a big way.  Thank you for including us in this very difficult time and please continue to post when you care to.  Boxx will be missed by the entire community.  Your presence will help fill his irreplaceable void.

R.I.P.  Boxx

• Like 2

Haha...I have many other tricks up my sleeve. I have used The Unicorn for some pre-show/incidental music in some of the plays I have produced.

Well, I am all over music of all types and from all times.  You might be interested in this overview of music in religion that starts around 1400BC and contains some of the oldest known music from actual notation.  We even know the name of the composer of the oldest one.  Some of this stuff reminds one of current music and folk music.  Of course, most of the commentary...which was verbal...isn't included but pretty much adequate information to chase down if you get interested in something.  I put this up over a year ago and haven't checked in a while so I hope the YouTube links are all still good.

http://www.mbsdar.com/MusicClass.htm

Dave

Edited by Mallette
  • Like 1