Boxx's son with some upsetting news

Boxx

I wanted to announce here that Alex and Genevieve are donating half the remaining funds for the flowers to help fund the Klipsch Employee Appreciation Day event Boxx had planned to attend in April.  There will be a statement dedicating the event to his memory on a memorial poster that will be on a easel at the lunch site on Friday and then moved to the event site.  Genevieve has expressed interest in attending and hopefully Alex will do so as well.  The other half will go to an educational cause of the families choosing, as Alex says Boxx was very enthusiastic about those efforts.

The flowers were about 300.00.  The total to date donated is in excess of 700.00.  That's the kind of group this is!  I am officially ending that drive, but that isn't to say that if you want to donate over the next few days feel free.  I'll be sending them a check early next week.

Kind regards to all,

Dave

• Like 8

I wanted to announce here that Alex and Genevieve are donating half the remaining funds for the flowers to help fund the Klipsch Employee Appreciation Day event Boxx had planned to attend in April.  There will be a statement dedicating the event to his memory on a memorial poster that will be on a easel at the lunch site on Friday and then moved to the event site.  Genevieve has expressed interest in attending and hopefully Alex will do so as well.  The other half will go to an educational cause of the families choosing, as Alex says Boxx was very enthusiastic about those efforts.

The flowers were about 300.00.  The total to date donated is in excess of 700.00.  That's the kind of group this is!  I am officially ending that drive, but that isn't to say that if you want to donate over the next few days feel free.  I'll be sending them a check early next week.

Kind regards to all,

Dave

What if they kept the money as our gift and used it to attend the event?

• Like 3

Thread is in Klipsch News area, but here is a synopsis:

Last year Steve (SSH) organized a grassroots gathering in Hope.  It was a roaring success with 12 or so of us setting up systems in the Super 8 Motel conference room and outside on the patio.  We had an absolute ball with Steve's great barbeque and just getting to know each other over the weekend.  So, in the follow up thread we decided to do it again this year.  We added the idea of providing a catered lunch to the Klipsch Hope plant, the mother plant of Heritage, on the Friday of the weekend in appreciation of the craftsmanship and dedication they put into continuing the legacy of PWK.   

So far, over 20 have already signed up with 3 months to go.  That's a GROUP of hornheads!  You can expect all kinds of music and outstanding systems to listen to, as well as some of the best people on the planet to party with. 

Hope is about 30 miles beyond Texarkana on I30, and a pleasant little town.  We recently found out there is a Civil War enactment event at Washington, which is just a few miles further down the road from the Klipsch plant, on the same weekend so we are encouraging all to get their reservations in early.

News on the planning of this event is to be found in the "Klipsch News" area.  PLEASE join us as we celebrate PWK, music...and Boxx!

Dave

• Like 1

We played this list during the visitation:

Beginnings/Chicago

Something/George Harrison

Reelin' in the Years/Steely Dan

Life Saver/Chicago

Maybe I'm Amazed/Paul McCartney

Paper Roses/Marie Osmond

Imitation of Life/R.E.M.

Time Passages/Al Stewart

Questions 67 and 68/Chicago

San Tropez/Pink Floyd

Behind Blue Eyes/The Who

Fairy Tale/The Pointer Sisters

Reminiscing/Little River Band

All Things Must Pass/George Harrison

The Spirit of the Radio/RUSH

Call on Me/Chicago

When We Was Fab/George Harrison

Funeral Prelude:

Wake Up Sunshine/Chicago

Wish You Were Here/Pink Floyd

Ruby Jean and Billie Lee/Seals and Crofts

Goodbye Yellow Brick Road/Elton John

Roll With The Changes/REO Speedwagon

Comfortably Numb/Pink Floyd

Nashville Cats/Lovin' Spoonful

Uncle Albert Admiral Halsey/Paul McCartney

Free/Chicago

Up Against the Wall Redneck /Jerry Jeff Walker

Royal Blue/Henry Mancini and Orchestra

(I've Been) Searching So Long/Chicago

El Paso/Marty Robbins

Marrakesh Express/CSN

A Taste of Honey/Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass

Make Me Smile/Chicago

25 or 6 to 4/Chicago

Golden Slumbers/Carry That Weight/The End/ The Beatles

During Memorial:

Time/The Alan Parsons Project

My Sweet Lord/George Harrison

High Hopes/Pink Floyd

The Eyes of Texas/ UT Marching Band

• Like 8

We played this list during the visitation:

Beginnings/Chicago

Something/George Harrison

Reelin' in the Years/Steely Dan

Life Saver/Chicago

Maybe I'm Amazed/Paul McCartney

Paper Roses/Marie Osmond

Imitation of Life/R.E.M.

Time Passages/Al Stewart

Questions 67 and 68/Chicago

San Tropez/Pink Floyd

Behind Blue Eyes/The Who

Fairy Tale/The Pointer Sisters

Reminiscing/Little River Band

All Things Must Pass/George Harrison

The Spirit of the Radio/RUSH

Call on Me/Chicago

When We Was Fab/George Harrison

Funeral Prelude:

Wake Up Sunshine/Chicago

Wish You Were Here/Pink Floyd

Ruby Jean and Billie Lee/Seals and Crofts

Goodbye Yellow Brick Road/Elton John

Roll With The Changes/REO Speedwagon

Comfortably Numb/Pink Floyd

Nashville Cats/Lovin' Spoonful

Uncle Albert Admiral Halsey/Paul McCartney

Free/Chicago

Up Against the Wall Redneck /Jerry Jeff Walker

Royal Blue/Henry Mancini and Orchestra

(I've Been) Searching So Long/Chicago

El Paso/Marty Robbins

Marrakesh Express/CSN

A Taste of Honey/Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass

Make Me Smile/Chicago

25 or 6 to 4/Chicago

Golden Slumbers/Carry That Weight/The End/ The Beatles

During Memorial:

Time/The Alan Parsons Project

My Sweet Lord/George Harrison

High Hopes/Pink Floyd

The Eyes of Texas/ UT Marching Band

It would be great to play that on one of the systems that will be set up that weekend.  I'm sure more than one glass will be raised in honor of your father.

• Like 3

I'm new here, but I hate to hear of your loss. Your description of your father reminds me of myself so much it is erie. I am sure there are some stereos playing some Wish You Were Here for him right now, as I am. I hope you carry on his love of Floyd and help them continue to influence and please another generation in the future. Our son, Orion Syd, we even partially named after Syd Barrett in his memory.

It is great you were able to reach out to this forum community, that so far seems to be an absolute charm that I just found myself.

Again, may he shine on.

Regards,

Luther

• Like 1